24/7 pain - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Re: 24/7 pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph209 View Post
Hello! I also suffer from endo and after excision surgery, I am still in severe pain! I don't have a period because I've been on lybrel which is a continious birth control pill, even though I don't get a period, I'm still in constant severe pain 24/7! I totally understand what your going through. I'm having my LAVH on Sept 29, and I can't wait! Although, as time gets closer, I've become more emotional too!
I am suppose to have this done when they give me a tah bos. Did You get any relief from the excision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2010, 11:44 PM

I do not like this boat, although it seems I at least have good company in it! Right there with ya ladies on the pain, however due to low drug tollerance can't take anything worth taking and still function.

I am having an LAVH on 8/17. I am very excited there is a light at the end of the pain tunnel, and it's not a train!
Unread 07-30-2010, 10:10 AM

I too have 24/7 pain and have been on pain meds since April. Having LAVH on aug.4th. What made ALL the difference for me, was my DR. put me on a anti-inflamitory medication with my pain meds. I now realize just what a difference they have made because, pre-op dr. had me stop taking them leading up to my surgery on weds. Can resume anti-inflamitory after surgery. They wanted me off them before surgery (clotting factor), for seven days. My pain gained ground by at least 2/3 within 24hrs of stopping the med. Maybe you could ask your Dr. if anti-inflamitory would help you? So sorry your suffering...I know how exhausting it can be!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2010, 10:20 AM

I'm in pain 24/7 as well. I feel like I am going to die from it, literally. I'm sorry that you (that any of us) are dealing with this.
Unread 07-30-2010, 11:27 AM

I am so not looking forward to when I have to give up taking the Ibuprofen. I can not take the painkillers at work (they tend to frown on sleeping on the job) so things will get ugly a week before surgery.

We are truely a siserhood here. Many of us have the 24/7 pain and have dealt with it for some time as we worked with our Dr's to find a solution. Here's to us for taking control and working to getting our lives back.
Unread 07-30-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhuntress View Post
i am so not looking forward to when i have to give up taking the ibuprofen. I can not take the painkillers at work (they tend to frown on sleeping on the job) so things will get ugly a week before surgery.

We are truely a siserhood here. Many of us have the 24/7 pain and have dealt with it for some time as we worked with our dr's to find a solution. Here's to us for taking control and working to getting our lives back.
amen sister!!!!!!!!
Unread 07-30-2010, 06:51 PM

I am having pain 24/7 too. i am always exhausted and frustrated. i m an emotional wreck. i take the 800 ib but it's like i am immune to it. I am just trying to hang in there until my surgery next week.
Unread 07-30-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by destined4gr8nes View Post
I am having pain 24/7 too. i am always exhausted and frustrated. i m an emotional wreck. i take the 800 ib but it's like i am immune to it. I am just trying to hang in there until my surgery next week.
Try a heating pad when you can at home. I have to use this a lot and it helps. I do not get much relief from the Ibuprofen by itself either. I wish my surgery could be sooner, as the time goes on my symptoms seem to get more intense. I wish you well and may you be on your way to pain free days.
Unread 07-31-2010, 04:32 AM

The busiest week (and most important week) of the year for me at work is Aug 12-19 - so I scheduled my hysterectomy for Aug 24. But then I decided attempting to end my constant pain was more important - and moved it to Aug 3. I'll be a much more productive employee if I can get rid of the pain! I'm tired of taking pain meds and using sick leave.
Unread 07-31-2010, 04:51 AM

Ladies I agree that Ibuprofen on its own is not very effective. Our bodies build up an immunity to it after awhile.

I ended up in the ER about a month ago and stayed for 5 1/2 hours as they gave me some pain med via an IV. It was the first time I had been pain free in over a year. I look forward to that feeling again.

I agree on the whole productive employee thing. Some days just sitting at my desk is hard. I work for a smaller company so I do not wear just one hat. One of the most important roles I have (in regards to the business) is that I answer all incoming phones and greet all visitors. Some times it is really hard to smile and talk in a normal voice.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register