dVH/RALH Post Hysterectomy Appointment? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post Hysterectomy Appointment? Post Hysterectomy Appointment?

Unread 07-09-2016, 12:20 PM
Post Hysterectomy Appointment?

My doctor doesn't want to see me until 6 weeks Post-op . Surgery was on 7/6 Post op is 8/16. Is that standard? I read where others are seeing their doctors at 1 week 4 weeks and 6 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Re: Post-Op Appointment?

I only had one post-op visit, at four weeks. There was no internal exam. My doc examined the incision and asked how I was doing. We discussed what restrictions could be lifted right away and which ones should wait until six weeks. Then we got down to the main event: the post-op pathology report!

To be honest, I have to wonder if your doc might have some vacation time scheduled in July or early August, hence the delay in your post-op appointment. We like to think of doctors are being on call for our needs, but they need vacation time too. :-)

If you have any issues that arise between now and your post-op appt, don't hesitate to put in a call to your doc's office. Certainly you should call if you have major pain and/or heavy bleeding. Otherwise, focus on listening to your body and taking care of yourself while you heal.
Unread 07-09-2016, 12:42 PM

I saw my dr at 2 weeks, as I was set for return to work at 3 weeks. I was feeling good and after a little chatting and a quick internal exam, she said everything is fine, nothing in vagina for 8 weeks, and see you in a year. I think it depends on when/if you plan to return to work for one thing, as most people need an "ok" from their dr. It seems Drs have their own routines for post op check ups. I would hope they would all see patients sooner if there was a concern or problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2016, 01:13 PM

It seems like all docs are different on this. I saw my doc at 5 weeks post-op. He did perform an internal exam to see how the cuff was healing. Asked how I was feeling, whether I was feeling fatigue, etc. He then told me what to expect over the next few weeks, no sex until six weeks and that he would see me in a year. If there were any questions or issues before or after the post-op exam, I did call the office and they were able to answer the question over the phone or I got into the office within a couple of days.
Unread 07-09-2016, 02:06 PM

For me, two post-ops at 10 days and 4 weeks. Both were internal, doc is mercifully gentle. I was released at 4 week, no more appointments for another year.

Depends on both your doc's MO and how well you're doing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register