laparoscopic oophorectomy recovery - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

laparoscopic oophorectomy recovery laparoscopic oophorectomy recovery

Unread 03-30-2008, 11:07 AM
laparoscopic oophorectomy recovery

I had the longest converstation with my mother in law yesterday about vaginal dryness. NO, it wasn't uncomfortable at all!!!LOL It was informative although I was a bit squeamish having to think about her vagina issues. She had everything removed at about my age- and she was talking about using replens to make her moist "down there" again- after years of using an estrogen cream that stopped helping- and it just didn't occur to me that being dry on a daily basis would be a problem- I just thought it'd be a problem for sex- anyone have experience with that? I'm on the patch so I figure I'll be okay- but it is dryer down there, all of my skin is dryer.
Anyone else have issues with crying? I have since my tah- I cry so much it's embarrassing- any thought sends me to tears- good or bad. It's ridiculous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 05:48 PM

I had my first crying breakdown on Monday when my mom had to leave to go home. She came down to help us out after my surgery. I just cried and cried and cried. My DH got a little scared and called my girlfriend to come over and cheer me up. I was so embarraseed that I was crying in front of her. But, it felt good to cry and have a nice conversation with my friend.
On another note, I was in the ER today. I had a slight fever and a lot of pain. I was so angry with them, they just gave me some pain meds and sent me on my way and told me to call my GYN in the morning. You would think, with a fever and just having surgery that they would have a least done some blook work to make sure I didn't have an infection.
OH well, I will keep you updated if I find out anything.
How are you feeling today spiceflower? STill planning on going to work tomorrow? Or are you taking some more time off. I think I remember you saying you were going to take some more time off?
Unread 03-30-2008, 09:18 PM

I cry when I think about how much I love everyone, commercials, songs, movies, passing thoughts- it's silly!
I'm so sorry you ended up in the er, nit! I hope it's not anything!
I'm not going to work tomorrow, yay! I doubt I'll go this week at all. I get too exhausted, there's just no way!
take care of yourselves ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 10:35 PM

Well, you take the much deserving time off an pamper yourself. My plans are to get the boys ready for school, walk them to the buy stop and wave at the bus as it drives by ROFL!!!! Then, jumping into the bed and taking a nap till it's time for the afternoon of running begins.
I also plan on calling my GYN and get her two cents on what the ER did or better yet, didn't do!
Unread 03-31-2008, 07:32 AM

What was hurting to send you to the er- all the usual places? Do you still have fever? Let us know what the doc says.
I rode in the car with my husband to get my boys at his sister's house- a 90 minute drive- and I thought it would be no big deal- I'm just sitting right? Man, I got terribly nauseated about 30 minutes into it and had to stop for dramamine- I hadn't had to take that in a decade! Riding in his car is like riding in a go cart though, to me. But the dramamine helped a lot and I was fine- but I did have to pee twice on the trip. I still feel so full- I didn't really feel like that after they tah- I feel like there's not enough room in my abdomen for pee or poop or food or air or whatever's left in there- I still get so out of breath just if I talk too much. I told my dh that and he laughed and said, well, just stop talking! NO, he'd enjoy that too much.
But I went to my sister in laws and it was so nice. We all had a nice visit and she made us supper and we sat by the pool to eat and there was this nice breeze and I was drinking a huge glass of wine and I felt like I was on vacation. I was so relaxed and happy. When we were leaving I was telling my brother in law that if I was well I probably wouldn't have come- that I would've stayed home to clean house because I would have everyone out of it- and I realized how much fun I've been passing up to stay home and clean while everyone else is having fun.
Sometimes I feel like this is God's message to me- my wake up call to slow down and enjoy life and not to take anything too seriously anymore.
I woke up late to bring the boys to school this morning- I hate that- it makes me feel like a terrible parent- but my alarm didn't go off and really if the school gets mad they can kiss my butt- I'm lucky to get up and take them at all right now.
Unread 04-03-2008, 02:38 PM

nit- I hope you're okay! Let us know!
I was starting to get stressed about having to go back to work- I don't even feel close to being able to do it. And I actually have started feeling worse in some ways- started feeling really bloated and full. I'm still very achy and sore and have frequent shooting pains all through the pelvic area. So I called the nurse at my doc's and she said to come in-that made me nervous- and I cried- well, anything makes me cry now- but I was like, "what the ?, please don't tell me something else is wrong with me!!!!!" So, I went and it was fine. The doc said I need to give myself a break and act like someone who just had major surgery. TOUCHE' She said she'd only be worried if I was nauseated, constipated, or throwing up (bowel obstruction I guess) So, yesterday I had already called in to work and said I wasn't going back until next week- now unless I make some kind of fabulous recovery over the weekend I'm not going back next week either. I need this time to get better because nothing else works or matters when you don't have your health! I'm going to try to relax. The great thing about this is that I feel pretty decent if I'm sitting still doing nothing- I can read, watch tv, movies, get a pedicure, sit in the sunshine, do anything a little bit at a time, and I can catch up on the huge deficit of sleep I've had since I gave birth to my first child nearly 20 years ago!
Unread 04-03-2008, 03:24 PM

Hi Spiceflower!
I still feel like a mack truck hit me..lol! I saw my GYN for my post op today, and she said everything looks ok. I have to laugh, because my doc asked me the same things today. She said that they worry about the bowels that's why they ask all those questions.
I am trying to rest as much as possible. I'm hoping that I'll soon be off the pain meds and life will be normal again...whatever normal is
Unread 04-03-2008, 05:10 PM

That's funny- because I was thinking the same thing today- that I feel like I got hit by a truck. I'm not taking the pain meds- doc gave me a script for tordenol? I'll fill it tomorrow I guess- I took a hydrocodone a couple of nights ago and was horribly nauseated and almost threw up- thank goodness I had some good anti nausea meds left over from the tah. I'm having a lot of stabbing pains today and the last couple of days- when my doc said where does it hurt I was laying down and I thought about it and where I had stabbing pains and so I touched my belly- here, and then to the left, here, and to the right, here, and then by my pelvis- here, and then by my vaginia- here- and it went on and on and she started laughing because I ended up saying it hurt everywhere! I didn't intend to do that- it does hurt just about in every spot at some time!
Yeah I can't wait for normal again either, whatever that means!
Unread 04-03-2008, 05:48 PM

My doc said if I had pain in one spot she could give me a shot, if they hit a nerve while they were in doing surgery, but since it's all over my belly...there's not too much more she can do right now. I feel like I've been living on Percocet for the past 3 weeks. Pain meds just make my head a little foggy, but they don't make me sick. Luckly, my hubby had 2 weeks off and then the boys went back to school, so it hasn't been too bad. My neighbor has been helping me out with taking my youngest son (he is Autistic) to ABA therapy after he gets done with special education preschool at 1 everyday. I just don't feel safe driving my big truck just yet.
I did take a nice warm bath this afternoon, and that helped some. My doc said it was ok now to sit in the tub.
Oh well, in a few months this will just be a memory and hopefully pain free!!!!
Unread 04-03-2008, 06:12 PM

It's good you have some people to help you out. My husband is really trying, all my moms disappeared after the first week. I have one friend who said he'd help me out-- but I don't know what to tell him to do. I can bring and pick up the boys from school- the rest is just me recovering for the most part. I am going to try to sit and read more- I try to pick up or do a load of laundry or little things and I always end up hurting.
Cin

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register