1 week to go and scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week to go and scared 1 week to go and scared

Unread 05-29-2006, 01:54 PM
1 week to go and scared

I only have 1 week to go before my TAH and I'm getting really scared and starting to have doubts, which I know is normal. I know I shouldn't complain, but I was supposed to start my last period Saturday and since then I've just been doing a little spotting. The reason for my TAH is due to severe pelvic pain and long heavy periods, so now all of a sudden I'm barely bleeding. Could this be from the stress I've been under since I scheduled my surgery?

I'm still having the really bad cramps and back ache, so that alone is keeping me motivated to go forward with my surgery. My husband and I went on a motorcycle ride last night and it was still unberarabley painful to ride. I love to ride, but haven't done much in 3 years due to increasing amount of pain and bleeding.

Sorry to complain, but I'm just getting really nervous and trying to figure out how to get through the next week without having a melt down.

Thanks for listening me. This web site is so great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2006, 03:48 PM
1 week to go and scared

I think you're totally normal! I think it would be scarier if you didn't worry!

How old are you? Do you have any children? Did you try other treatment options before this?

Hang in there!
Unread 05-29-2006, 04:34 PM
1 week to go and scared

Im right there with you. I have a TVH on the 6th and I am mortified. I am constantly thinking of the surgery and all the things that could go wrong. The last few days I have pretty much lived on this board, soaking up all the info I can. I have also been playing my sims and playing in my graphics group. I should be cleaning but that is no fun and doesnt keep my mind busy. If you chat on any of the messengers and want to talk, let me know and Ill give you my nicks.
*HUGS*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2006, 04:37 PM
1 week to go and scared

it's normal to be scared! I sure was! I came thisclose to canceling the whole shebang! I'm soo very glad I didn't-ok granted the post-op healing takes time, but I already feel so much better! AND even though there is discomfort afterward, there is an end too it-more than can be said for Aunt Flo!

try not to think about it ( I know, I know, but it can be done) and stay busy! do all the yard work now-it will drive you nuts looking at and knowing you can't do a thing about it!

Hang in There! waiting is really the hardest, if you can do that, the rest is a piece of cake!
Unread 05-29-2006, 04:37 PM
1 week to go and scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanggrl
I'm just getting really nervous and trying to figure out how to get through the next week without having a melt down.
I suggest keeping as busy as possible. If you are employed, go in to work early and stay late to get "ahead of yourself" with your work projects, if you can. If nothing else, clean out your desk drawers if you work in an office, or do some task that will make your return to work more pleasant.

Same goes for around your home. I can hardly believe I am suggesting this, because I abhor cleaning myself, but busying yourself with sort of mindless, physical tasks can help pass the hours and tire you out so that you don't have much spare time to worry about your upcoming surgery.

I'm sending positive thoughts your way for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery!

Many s and Best Wishes,
Unread 05-29-2006, 05:08 PM
1 week to go and scared

Hang in there Sis, I am partial VH on June 1st and have also been non stop thinking about all aspects of the procedure it seems to be approaching at a rapid pace. My motivation is life without all the suffering I've endured for the past 22 yrs. Try to keep reminding yourself of how cool it is going to be to ride without pain.
Unread 05-29-2006, 05:49 PM
1 week to go and scared

My thoughts are with you. No matter what is said or what you do you will keep thinking about the op. the only thing that worked for me was getting on this site and reading about how everyone else was feeling. they were all feeling like i was,so it makes it easier to know that i wasn't the only one feeling scared. Keep thinking of the outcome, and that it won't be to long and you will be riding again. I know it's hard but stay positive and talk to your dh, family and friends about how you feel.

take care and good luck(which won't be needed because you will do great)

Jess
Unread 05-29-2006, 06:57 PM
1 week to go and scared

Thanks so much for all your replies. It makes me feel better to know that I am not alone in how I feel. This was probably the hardest yet easiest decision in my life. I am 35 and have never had any children. We never really planned on it, but we always liked to have that possiblity in the future. That was until in March I had a Hysteroscopy and D&C and found out that I only would have a 1 in a million chance of conceiving and carrying a child due to very extensive scaring. Unfortunately, that procedure didn't stop the heavy bleeding or the pain, so this is my only option. I've tried 4 different birth control pills which only made everything worse....so that said, this really is it for me.

Anyway, I'm keeping plenty busy. My husband has been great! I'm am so thankful for his support and he is good at keeping me occupied and taking me shopping.

Thanks for all the support on here. It really has made a difference to me through this ordeal.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register