Worry.....Confusion!?!? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Worry.....Confusion!?!? Worry.....Confusion!?!?

Unread 03-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Worry.....Confusion!?!?

Hi Ladies....

Really need to vent. My TAH is 4/2 and I am really feeling the pressure. I guess my main concern is that this surgery will not stop the PMS, only the cramping. All my adult life the PMS and especially the cramps have limited my life and are getting worse as I get older. But, my biggest concern is I am only 30 and what if this doesn't work.....

Like most of the ladies here I have done most every drug to control the mood swings (which my family will tell you are the worst side of me) and all kinds of pain meds. This hyst is pretty much my idea and my Dr. simply agreed and asked "are you sure?" at the time I was. Now I am really doughting this.

Anyone out there who suffers like me and found any relief? I really just need some input......before I call this whole thing off!

Thank you for letting me vent and you ladies are really the greatest!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2003, 07:33 PM
Hi,

I've had pretty bad mood swings in the past from PMS, and the first couple of months after my surgery were the worst. But the PMS symptoms have gotten so mild now that I can't even tell where I am in my cycle anymore.

I've heard a lot of other ladies say how their PMS symptoms were better after surgery. However, as each person is individual, there's no guarantee that the problem will improve after surgery. If you keep your ovaries, of course you will still have the same hormonal issues you have pre-op. Would removing your ovaries and going on HRT be an option? (Not that HRT is a cure-all either!)

Best wishes and s,

Lisa
Unread 03-28-2003, 08:22 PM
Worry.....Confusion!?!?

I too had pretty bad PMS before surgery. Everyone around me just knew when it was going to hit.

It does take some time for things to even out since after you still can have a supply of your own natural hormones stored up in your system, having ovaries left in or not.

Take me for instance, I had a TAH/BSO over 10 months ago. I was somewhat confused by the fact I still had PMS, though not as strong....over time that has eased up so much to the fact that it is only 1 or 2 days of feeling like I could cry at the drop of a hat. Sometimes not even that, depends on my stress level I think.

I am sure over time I will feel it less and less.

I am thankful for this site here and for the wonderful sisters that gave me an idea of what to expect.

I am on HRT and have been since right after surgery since I didnt have endo and no longer have ovaries. You may want to post a similar question in the Hormone Jungle if you need extra input on what to expect about the hormones.

I do relate to how you are feeling right now tho. I felt exactly the same way before my surgery. The wait and wondering is the hardest part darlin but it does get easier. Despite how I feel at times, I have never regretted having this surgery done.

We will be here for you no matter what.

s

*We are all individuals in how we respond to treatments. Please keep in close contact with your doctor and check with them first before doing anything different. *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2003, 10:39 PM
Worry.....Confusion!?!?

Hi Steffi

I have to say that my PMS symptoms have decreased dramatically ( DH would perhaps not agree with that ). I had a TAH/BSO 18 months ago. So you would think that with the HRT I am taking I would not get them at all. But since I only take it 3 weeks out of every month, I still get a little grumpy one week each month. LOL, at least my DH doesn't have to hide all the sharp implements.

I just wanted to say how much better I feel since my hyster, and send to you while you make this decision. It's a very hard decision for some to make. For me - it's the best thing that ever happened to me.

Melissa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register