"O" My God!! Hairy Legs, what to do??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"O" My God!! Hairy Legs, what to do??? "O" My God!! Hairy Legs, what to do???

Unread 07-28-2003, 12:47 PM
"O" My God!! Hairy Legs, what to do???

WoW this one just popped into my head ... I am Italian LOL I can shave my legs in the morning, and by bedtime the tiny thornS appear again... I know I won't be able to bend over to shave them. Nair doesn't work ((I am Doomed)) My h/b said he would take care of that to ....
Question: when your h/b walks out of the bathroom, with tidbits of toilet tissue sticking all over his face.. dO you dare put another razor in his hand???? .. *SNiCKer* I know it sounds funny, but ... what to do..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2003, 12:59 PM

to be honest with you, I could not have cared less about shaving my legs for a few days! A suggestion, though, would be to try one of the waxes before preop. I use one for my bikini line and it works very well! The wax should get you through until your hands can meet your legs comfortably enough!
Unread 07-28-2003, 01:02 PM

Enjoli

You are not the only one who has had this thought. My suggestion, wear mens pj pants and don't worry about the hair. I don't think I would like having some else shaving my legs .

If you go with something else and it works, let me know because I am 1/2 Syrian and have the same stubble problem as you.

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2003, 01:06 PM

I'm like you, within 24 hours of shaving I have some lethal stubble on my legs. I used the Nair roll-on sugar wax the day before my surgery, and it worked great. I did not have to worry about shaving for 3 weeks, and I have decided to use the wax from now on instead of shaving.
Unread 07-28-2003, 01:07 PM

I'm Italian, too, so I understand exactly what you're going through. To be honest, I shaved the a.m. of surgery and didn't even THINK about it until almost a week later. And, yes, I probably could have corn-rowed the hair on my legs!!!!

When I was pg & couldn't bend, my husband shaved my legs for me. It made me extremely nervous, but he did well because he was too afaid of nicking me and having to listen to my big mouth!!!
Unread 07-28-2003, 01:09 PM

((((Enjoli))))))))),

I used an electric razor for a week or 2 . I sat in a chair and did them. Even a dh can be trusted with an electric razor. Granted it is not as close as a razor , but it will do for a while.

Best wishes,

Pamcat
Unread 07-28-2003, 02:51 PM
"THANKS" Everybody

I have to thank everybody that responded to my question about the unwanted hairy leg problem. Believe me mine is a problem I can't put one leg on top of the other after the second day. If I make it through the first (poor hubby) After that it poks and pulls against the sheets hurts like h--) I am now adding some of that Nair roll-on sugar wax, on my list to do before surgery... I haven't tried waxing my legs, I hear it hurts allot, but hey! I am willing to give it a try...
((((Windwalker)))) er kidding 3 weeks?? Wow I will be in 7th heaven
Wow nO cancer, nO uterus, nO cervix, nO Overies, nO tubes and by golly nO hair ... I am flabergasted.. Thanxs for all of the suggestions.. Who knows I may do them all just to make sure ... P.S. ldynwaiting I will keep you posted on how it works... if it works on me it will work on anybody ....
Unread 07-28-2003, 06:15 PM

Hi Enjoli,
I had the waxing idea too, but I figured I'd chicken out if I tried to do it myself so I went to a salon. They did a very good job and it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. It DID hurt some, though and it seemed like some areas were more sensitive than others (like down by my ankles). I am AMAZED and how soft my legs are now because, well gee, the wax also EXFOLIATES your legs! I'm not sure if I'll have to do a touch up before my surgery, but I definitely plan on doing it from now on. Also, the guy (yes, it was a guy!) who did my legs said that with waxing, the hair doesn't grow back as thick over time whereas its just the opposite with shaving.

Just my
Deana
aka MuinCat
Unread 07-28-2003, 06:34 PM
muincat

((((((THANK YOU))))))) I am going to call a salon tomorrow and see what it costs, and go from there ... I don't want to do it myself... I have to many other thing's I have to get done ... I hope it works for me like it did you ... I took a wee break and ran in to take my late bath before the hubby get's home .. he he and YUP I had to shave again ... ((DANG)) I hate it!!! I pitty the guy that's going to do it for me ... It's goinng to be like falling timber at Mt. Rushmore ....
hair, nails, pluck eyebrows, ect. (Why did God give us women, all of this when he knows we don't need it) and why do the men have all of the fun??
Unread 07-29-2003, 03:57 AM
Shaving legs

I, too, stressed about not being able to shave my legs after TAH/BSO, but I did not have any trouble doing it when I got home 2 days after surgery (sat on the edge of the tub instead of trying to balance in shower...could do it in shower next day...no problems...but had hubby stand by, just in case!!) Everyone handles this surgery differently, and I was glad that I had PREPARED myself for the possibility of uncomfortably stubbly legs but was thrilled that it was a non-issue (along with lots of other dreads!). I am two weeks post-op. Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register