TAH BSO 7June | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH BSO 7June TAH BSO 7June

Unread 05-24-2001, 03:34 AM
TAH BSO 7June

Also new to this site.
I thought I had no problems in this area till going in to GP for a routine check and certificate for work following viral infection. Felt rather stupid when he discovered as he put it "something sticking out of my pelvis." What ever it was his suggestion was that it had to be removed.
Immediately sent me for a transvaginal ultrasound which showed "enlarged, bulky uterus with 15cm. fibroidal mass evident." Ovaries did not show on the scan.
Early consultation with GYN. within the week. Without looking at the scan report, which was delayed in reaching his office, his opinion also was that I had to have a TAH & BSO just by the internal exam. Felt sure that it was a fibroid and had no reason to suspect cancer but could not be certain without surgery.
I was horrified as I have had very few symptoms other than what I suspected as peri-menopausal signs. I am 48 work full time, 2 grown sons and an adoring and "taken for granted" husband.
Very uncertain about surgery - I have researched and read all I can lay my hands and eyes on. Found your site which has been absolutely wonderful. Have read all you have to offer over the past few weeks Thankyou all from the bottom of my heart.
Have gained knowledge and courage to ask for 2nd opinion which supported first and also counselling.
Not sleeping at night and feeling "consumed by what lies ahead, I feel that whatever it is inside is getting bigger and starting to feel VERY uncomfortable with pressure, incontinence and FLU. to boot.
Resigned at having TAH BSO. Desperate to get over Flu so date is not put back. Have I settled too easily or should I still be questioning. I feel as though I am being starangled around the middle causing abdominal pain as well as back pain. Thought I was pain free until this was discovered and everything seems to be falling apart. Sorry for going on but this is sooo. strange to me.
Can somone help????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2001, 04:48 AM
TAH BSO 7June

Judy ~

You are the only one who can find peace with the decision that you are making. But, I felt the same way you did. I was so unsure of myself. That was after I had 5 other surgeries for endometriosis and trying every treatment known to man. All in the course of 10 years. I had a TAH/BSO on March 6th at the age of 26. I can honestly tell you that it was the best decision that I have ever made. I cannot even begin to tell you how wonderful I feel. Good luck to you. I hope that you can find peace with your decision and that you feel better soon.

Chrissy
Unread 05-24-2001, 05:01 AM
TAH BSO 7June

Dear Judy, I think most women go thru the should I question. It is a difficult decision for most of us. To be honest when I started my journey with my problems it took me 6 months from the first visit until the surgery I am 44 and had battled problems for years with endo and laparoscopy precedures. Once they found the fibroid pretty much all other precedures would not give me the relief that I needed. I had a tah/bso in april and I have had no regrets. Although the healing process can be long I feel better already. I no longer have a lower backache, urinary problems and bowel problems. Maybe you need to get a third opinion if you are still uncomfortable. Or perhaps write a pro and con list. There are no answers except what your heart and mind tell you to do. Most women have a very sucessful surgery and recovery but there are some that have complications short term and long term. What ever you decide to do we are here to help you in any way we can. Best wishes. Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2001, 05:09 AM
TAH BSO 7June

Hi Judy Welcome to this wonderful site. Many of us here just happened to stumble onto this web site in our search for any answers. Here are not the actual medical answers you might need, but the support and the stories and experiences of many women who have been exactly where you are now. You are the only one who can make the call on actually having your hysterectomy, but once you've made your decision, then any support or questions you might want to ask can and will be addressed here. There are no dumb questions except the one that you don't ask. Believe me, we've asked everything on this site.
You talk about being consumed by what lies ahead. Once I had made my decision, (and I tried other options for 2 years with no results at all), having my hyst was all I could think about. Sometimes I was happy to be getting it over with, and the next minute I would think of something that would terrify me. I would lay awake and worry about things I really didn't think would happen, but had to worry about them anyway. I am 11 weeks post op, going about everyday life without a care. I had a very easy recovery. I have a twinge or two now and then to remind me that I still have a couple of months of healing to do internally, but I feel great. Good luck, and feel free to write me anytime.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register