Three weeks later | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Three weeks later Three weeks later

Unread 01-29-2007, 06:31 AM
Three weeks later

Hello to all the hytersisters!! Hope everyone is doing well. I went to the doctor and she said that I may have a blood collection in my pelvis area and if the lump does not go away by my 6 week check up I will have to have a CAT scan to see what it is. I am feeling okay and my incision healed fine; just get tired easily and I am not sleeping too well due to discomfort in my back and side and HOT FLASHES!!. My mood seems to be fine most of the time. I am getting bored but still glad not to have to go to work. Trying to at least clean out and sort paperwork while sitting on the couch. I just do light housework while I am up and moving around. I am not on any hormone treatment, 45 years old and had a TAH/BSO? I am curious if anyone else is doing this without hormones and how it is going for you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Three weeks later

Hi There parkkola,
I've seen several Princesses post that they've had fluid and blood collecting. You're doctor's feedback sounds consistent. The blood is usually reabsorbed by the body. If it's still there, the CAT scan will identify the whole story.

I still have my ovaries, and they've stayed with me since surgery. I hope your symptoms remain pretty mild. Hopefully, some other sisters will post who had BSO as well.

Take Care! B&B
Unread 01-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Three weeks later

Thank you so much for replying I was beginning to wonder if my thread was deleted. I am comforted to know this is something that happens to people and so I am hoping for it to be absorbed!! I am thankful for your reply!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Three weeks later

I just went for a cat scan on Sat becuase of numbness in left theigh and back pain.Had TAH/BSO 1/4. Doctor thinks I have fluid also.I have cat scan films wish I could read them.I go to doctor tomorrow and hope to find out what is going on. It has gotten better the past week. She didn't discuss what she would do if numbness doesn't go away. I will ask her that tomorrow. When she said fluid I didn't even think about blood.I hope it just keeps getting better.
Hang in there
Linda
Unread 01-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Three weeks later

Hi parkkola and thecips, will you let us know what you learn from your respective doctors?

Hope you feel better tomorrow! B&B
Unread 01-29-2007, 06:05 PM
Three weeks later

Parkkola -

I was wondering where you disappeared to??????? I am still having a great deal of pain left side/hip area. It seems to be exacerbated from too much inactivity. I try to do laps around my house and get up often but without warning this pain just comes on and grips for hours. Today it is connected to a great deal of "pulling". I am wearing thin and becoming very irritable.

I hope all turns out well...where is the lump in the incision? To the very end of my incision left side I have a small hardened lump???

dale
Unread 01-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Three weeks later

My appt with my gyn/onc is tomorrow at 1"00 I will post my results asap when I get home
Linda
Unread 01-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Three weeks later

Quote:
Originally Posted by felad
Parkkola -

I was wondering where you disappeared to??????? I am still having a great deal of pain left side/hip area. It seems to be exacerbated from too much inactivity. I try to do laps around my house and get up often but without warning this pain just comes on and grips for hours. Today it is connected to a great deal of "pulling". I am wearing thin and becoming very irritable.

I hope all turns out well...where is the lump in the incision? To the very end of my incision left side I have a small hardened lump???

dale
Hi felad!!!, I am so sorry you are having so much pain!! Have you checked with the doctor on that? I was told if any leg pain was present to come in right away. It should not be constant pain for you. I do not go back to the doctor until Feb 26!! The lump is on my right side a litlle below my horizontal bikini line incision. It is sort of shaped like a cucumber in terms of thickness but it is not as long as one. I would say the mass is about 5 inches long and it is hard. It does not hurt to touch it. The doctor said it should not be there because it is too early for it to be scar tissue, so she thinks it is a collection of blood and will do a CAT scan if my body does not absorb it. Who knows. Please let me know how you are doing and what your doctor is saying? I am getting hot flashes every two hours and am not sleeping because of them, other than that doing okay. Still have a very swollen belly!! Hope that goes away before I have to put on clothes that better fit!!
Unread 01-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Three weeks later

thecips- hope you are doing okay. Anxious to see what the CAT scan said for you. Hang in there buddy.
Unread 01-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Back from 4th week post op cat results

Hello Sisters,
Went to my gyn/onc today with cat scan films in hand and report was sent over.The numbness in my theigh is from a hernatoma or seroma.Which she said may go away within 3 months.If not back for another cat scan and then we will talk about it.She did say I might have to live with the slight numbness I feel becuase I could have had a little nerve damage also from surgery.Besides that she said I looked and healed great so far and can now drive,vacum,push a shopping cart and lift up to 10 lbs. She did do an internal (ouch) I wasn't ready for that.She also said I can now rub baby oil on incision twice a day in about 2 months it will turn softer and more pink.That I healed inside very well for a diabetic so well that it was like I wasn't one.
So tomorrow I hit the road and start to live again.
Hope this helps anyone having the same problem.
Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register