Just venting! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just venting! Just venting!

Unread 04-23-2004, 10:37 AM
Just venting!

i meant be so lol @ me
brain fog sorry ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Just venting!

Geez Meg, that is SO unbelievably rude of them! Anyway, I think my SIL had that done a few years ago, that's where they cut the blood supply to the fibroid and it shrinks right? Well she just had her LVH a day before mine. Because the fibroids DO grow right back sometimes! This one ruined her bladder this time. Now it's in a sling, and she is having trouble unrinating because of the trauma. Hopefully it will get better. Hey I was REALLY freaked out and scared about the hormones, but I seem to be feeling emotionally better than I have in a very long time, it's only been 9 days. Don't listen to jerks!
Puppet
Unread 04-24-2004, 08:50 PM
Just venting!

Sounds to me like they are having some severe hormonal issues them selves! LOL

Don't bother to go to the sites where the negativity is is thrown at you. This time in life is where you need to think positive and make decisions depending on what you feel in your heart is necessary.

They haven't walked in your shoes, and by the sounds of it they need to have a few shoes removed (if you know what I mean).

You do what is best for you and keep positive.. we are all here for support and a shoulder if you need it!!!!

best of luck in your decision!
Darlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2004, 03:31 AM
Just venting!

It's amazing to me what a difference in tone there is from one forum to another! I have looked into several newsgroups hoping to get information about various topics of interest (not just hyst and women's health, all kinds of stuff). Some of them are nothing but flame-fests!

I really appreciate the cordial tone and supportive atmosphere on HS and especially the humor with which so many of the hystersisters approach health issues that vary from annoying to life-threatening and cover the whole spectrum in-between. My gyn recommended this website to me and I'm so glad he did--I can ask a question here and get an answer instead of an insult! It's wonderful!

I read somewhere the other day on HS, "anyone who can make you angry, controls you." This is a pearl of wisdom I definitely need to remember, because sometimes people (*especially* rude people) get right under my skin.

At the beginning of my research I was rather inclined to just go for hysterectomy--after several years of heavy bleeding, clots, ruined clothes, etc, the idea of no mo' Aunt Flo is terrifically attractive to me, and at 48 menopause may still be half a decade or more away. It seemed the definitive solution to my situation with fibroids. After a lot of reading, both here and at the library, I've come to the conclusion that my uterus is not *quite* as expendable as my wisdom teeth (removed at 18 and never missed since), and that there's good reason to leave it in place if it can be persuaded to behave itself. So, I'm trying BCP as prescribed by my MD and for the time being they seem to be working. However, I would have no qualms about having it removed if it starts acting up again and doesn't respond to less drastic measures.

Thanks to all!

cookie1956

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register