Is It okay To Whine A Little? =) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is It okay To Whine A Little?  =) Is It okay To Whine A Little? =)

Unread 06-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Is It okay To Whine A Little? =)

I don't want to sound like a big baby but today, almost at the end of week four, I had a bad day.

I have asthma and yesterday I coughed a lot. Even in my sleep during my nap, the coughing tried its best to keep me from napping. I have read on here of some drs telling some of you NO COUGHING. Well... how do I do that with the occasional flare up of asthma lol?

Anyway..today I seem to be paying the price for yesterday. My tummy is very sore... muscle sore. And of course any soreness in the lower tummy right now just magnifies the discomfort already there from surgery. And I know... TMI, but I seemed to have spent an emormous time in the bathroom today. If I wasn't in the bathroom. I was napping. I slept almost all day because I just felt exhausted. thsi makes me upset because I have been trying so hard to get on a schedule and did so well yesterday of keep regular hours with one nap in the afternoon.

I guess I am just looking for reassurance that at week four, I should have a day as bad as today. Sorry this is soooo very long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2007, 03:44 AM

It is perfectly normal to have bad days. Although four weeks may seem like a long time, when it comes to healing its not. Dont stress yourself over schedules and naps. Take time now to relax and heal. Our mind and bodies are connected so if your stressing over little stuff then you are also causing your body to fight harder to heal.
At week four I was still very easily tired and sometimes I took two naps or slept till noon. i am 9 and a half weeks out now and I feel great. Take it easy and get better. Its ok to pamper the princess.
Unread 06-30-2007, 07:27 AM

not you but me! I have always been very prone to diarrhea and have a constant supply of immodium on hand -- my body is completely confounding me with this bound up change! The first week of surgery was 'normal' -- but in the last week i swear it has got to feel like giving birth (I'll never know) And of course trying to force in any way is torture -- that makes me sore for days. who would have thought i would miss the loose days??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2007, 07:30 AM

I am at week 5 and most days I need some type of rest, either a nap or sitting in my recliner, watching TV. I try hard not to make myself feel guilty about it. Some days I do far too much and need to rest most of the day following. I go back to work next Thursday and I am anticipating it to be rough for the first week so am planning meals for the freezer for 2 weeks so I can come home and do nothing more than rest.

As goko99 says, bad days are normal and remember to pamper the princess. Take it easy!
Unread 06-30-2007, 07:33 AM

It's ok to whine a lot in fact! I think that at week 4, a lot of us on my post op board felt a little pucky. Heck, at week 5 there were issues. You have had major surgery and you need to allow your body enough healling time. In fact at week 5, I'm still sleeping in and if need be taking naps without feeling guilty. Good luck and hope you're feeling better!
Unread 06-30-2007, 08:13 AM

thank you for posting this - I'm two weeks out and feeling really guilty for not being able to do more - I've over done it three days this week and paid the price for it yesterday and still today -
Unread 07-02-2007, 04:09 PM

Jovigal - Whine away! Shoot, if you can't find sympathy, compassion and reassurance here, where WILL you find it??

Altho I'm not as far along in my recovery as some, I've done enough research and had just enough personal experience to know that there will be good days and there will be bad days regardless of what week you're in recovery-wise. I think it's natural for us, as superwomen, to sometimes overdo it on the good days and thereby cause ourselves to have bad days...but that's not always the case. Sometimes the bad days just happen, but as long as you know it's normal and to be expected, you can handle the good with the bad. However, if the bad days you're experiencing are exceptionally bad, I strongly encourage you to call your doctor to discuss them.

Lalawoman - you may considered it TMI, but I am SO glad to know there are others out there with digestive system issues like mine. I have what I can only imagine is irritable bowel syndrome (undiagnosed, but man, you cannot convince me that having chronic gas pains, a bloated stomach, diarrhea more often than not, and then reaching the other extreme of constipation is NORMAL!!), and I've dealt with this long before my TAH. Post-op, however, I am so backed up that I often feel like I'm going into labor with severe contractions. I use stool softeners and don't seem to have a problem bearing down, but man, the fireworks that go on inside are insane. I find it odd that when I finally do have a BM, I feel the urge to applaud myself for all the hard work and effort I put forth! lol. Good to know that I'm not alone in this, but yet it stinks to know that others have to go thru this same pain and agony!

Here's hoping everything gets back to normal and soon!

Cheryl, 37, TAH 6/21/07
Unread 07-02-2007, 04:59 PM

Oh, TMI away! I too am sure i have IBS -- but the loose kind they say take immodium -- well i can do that without making it official with tests and docs!!

My last movement I was squealing and groaning and moaning and yelling out to God -- and then i started laughing cause i realized if anyone could hear me they would probably think i was getting some of that nookie i never want to have again!
Unread 07-02-2007, 05:52 PM

Jovigal,

Week 3 and 4 were surprisingly tough weeks. I too had problems with my bowels and while it is subsiding each week - it is amazing how painful it can be after that length of time after the surgery.

Hang in there and know that others made it through - and I know you will too!!

Never feel guilty for taking care of yourself - we each only have 1 body and when it gives out - we are done for this earth. Our Bodies need us to be it's best friend.
Unread 07-03-2007, 12:06 AM

Never TMI! IBS may be the problem I am having. I thought the first bout was bad but yesterday kicked my hiney. No fever so I attributed it to either having cross contaminating myself wrapping chicken for the freezer on Monday or something going on inside as a result of surgery.

I was fine in the morning then I napped and after my nap... oh man. My tummy was cramping and gurggling. Small bout with near nausea and the entire day in the bathroom. And today (TMI) gas pains all day. I am going to have to pick up some Immodium and something for gas on my next venture out.

Today all that remains are slight tummy cramps and soreness to remind me of yesterday.

With so many of us having the same kind of thing happening off, it makes me wonder if its surgery related. Maybe all the changes we are going through.

I am sooo thankful for all of the responses and for all my hyster sisters.

Hugs to all of you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register