Scared to death about surgery and cancer risk - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared to death about surgery and cancer risk Scared to death about surgery and cancer risk

Unread 08-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Re: Scared to death about surgery and cancer risk

Hi, I probably need to change my name to something other than "freakingout" now that I am past the surgery. I ended up having an abdominal instead of the Da Vinci because they ran into some bleeding complications. However, everything went well and bless God, my path. came back good yesterday. I hope everything went well for you as well.
p.s. I am also a cat lady. I was in the hospital for 3 days with the leg squezzing things on and I kind of enjoyed them because with the drugs, I thought I was home with my cats laying on the end of the bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2012, 12:00 PM

So glad to hear that your surgery went well. I am biting my nails till monday.
Unread 08-08-2012, 09:27 AM

I know that the support and positive stories I got from others was a lifesaver for me. Know that my prayers are with you and that the waiting is, in fact, the absolute worst part. I had a c-section with my first child and even though I ended up with an abdominal instead of the Da Vinci, it isn't even as close to as bad as the c-section was - except that I didn't get a prize.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2012, 11:57 AM

I'm also really glad to hear things went well (except maybe for the conversion to abdominal) and that you're past the surgery and feeling less worried now! I wish I were on the other side of things at this point but my big day is next Monday, if all goes as planned, so I'm still fighting that "what if" worry.
Unread 08-08-2012, 12:49 PM

I know how you are feeling. I looked at all the research I could and even made statistical games (tossing coins into an area where 1000 or 400 could fit depending upon which stats I was using) and could not bring logic into my physical/emotional reactions. My doctor even told me I was more likely to be hit by lightning. Nothing truly worked until I got the path. results back. He was unimpressed, he had expected absolutely nothing else, but I was able to breath again. I had to ask him to pull them up, he was so unworried he hadn't even looked. I guess if there is something they let them know. Thy to take it one minute at a time and I am sure that you are going to hav a good outcome as well. I'll pray for your recovery, but even more for your sanity because I know how hard this is.
Unread 08-14-2012, 08:44 PM

Hey all,

Fibroids are very rarely linked to cancer. No worries there. I just had bilateral mastectomies (preventative) April 10th and a D&C at the same time. Normal D&C, but started bleeding heavily 6 weeks after the procedure. No bleeding for 3 years prior to this due to endometrial ablation. Now need hysterectomy. One doctor thinks the bleeding is a hematoma from the D&C, the other one thinks its a polyp. No fun needing another major surgery so close together plus still needing 1-2 more breast reconstruction surgeries.

high anxiety with blood pressure 153/100 and have doubled up on BP meds. My breast tissue expanders are completely filled, and I worry about not being able to breathe deeply after surgery. I hate being a nurse, b/c I know everything that can go wrong and am powerless to prevent it.

Oh well! Counting down the days to Sept 4th.
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:16 PM

Hi,
I just had my two week check-up. My doctor told me that I could start driving - good thing since I've been driving 30 minutes to and from a conference for work the last three days. I'm feeling pretty good and the swelling is almost gone. I'm sorry you have to deal with another surgery and I can totally identify with the blood pressure thing. My blood pressure jumped through the roof from the constant anxiety. My doctor gave me valium before my surgery and that was a life saver. It took the edge off just enough that I could sleep and calm my body down. Are you taking anything for the stress and anxiety? My blood pressure has never been a problem before this and after the hysterectomy, it was back down immediately.
Unread 08-17-2012, 11:24 AM

Well I have just 5 days until my surgery. Still scared to death but my body is so stressed out I want to just get it over with. That made me feel better when you said you could drive after two weeks! I have been working hard..getting my blood sugar undercontrol...and it is for me! so not been fun eating mostly salad...so keep me in your thoughts and prayers!

Hugs!

Vicki
Unread 08-18-2012, 02:07 AM

Good Luck my surgery is on the 23rd at 12am and I feel the same way as you if that helps.
Unread 08-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Scared to death about surgery and cancer risk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchids134 View Post
Well I have just 5 days until my surgery. Still scared to death but my body is so stressed out I want to just get it over with. That made me feel better when you said you could drive after two weeks! I have been working hard..getting my blood sugar undercontrol...and it is for me! so not been fun eating mostly salad...so keep me in your thoughts and prayers!

Hugs!

Vicki
Hi Vicki ,

Walking and other exercise helps me to lower blood sugar and stress levels. Hi stress and no exercise raises my blood sugar.
My doc also gave me Ativan to get thru the emotionally tough moments these next few weeks. This has helped as well.
Best wishes for a successful surgery. I'll be watching for your post op report to see how u r doing. Prayers and hugs to you.

Nancy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register