LAVH & Hospital Time | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH & Hospital Time LAVH & Hospital Time

Unread 08-04-2002, 06:37 PM
LAVH & Hospital Time

I've been reading a lot of posts about how ladies feel and what they are able to do on the 2nd day, 3rd day, etc in the hospital.

My dr requested and my insurance company pre-certed one day (or two days and one night). I'm curious about how long others have spent in the hospital.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2002, 07:00 PM
LAVH & Hospital Time

3 days and 3 nights in the hospital for me. I would have gone home in 2 days and 2 nights, but I asked my DR to let me try solid food before I went home. She agreed and kept me another day.

If you need more time in the hospital, your DR can take care of it for you post op. You can ask your DR about it if you are uncomfortable with the approved time and discuss your concerns.
Unread 08-04-2002, 08:34 PM
LAVH & Hospital Time

Thanks for the reply! I think I'll be anxious to get home to my own bed, but who knows how I'll feel AFTER the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2002, 08:54 PM
LAVH & Hospital Time

I had my LAVH in February and spent one night in the hospital. My surgery went great and I was ready to go home. If I had wanted to spend another night my doctor would have approved it. But my cath was out, I was urinating on my own, eating solid foods and knew I would rest better at home. Follow the instructions you doctor recommends. If you feel you need an extra day tell your doctor. Hope all goes well. Take care.

Unread 08-04-2002, 09:08 PM
LAVH & Hospital Time

I had my LAVH/BSO on 7-2-02 and I went home the next evening. I am feeling great! Everyone is different and we all have different experiences. I hope all goes well for you. If you have any concerns or wuestions be sure and ask your DR and don't let them send you home before you are ready. I was ready the next night but you may not be. You are an individual and your recovery should not be judged by what others have experienced. If you feel you need more time in the hospital make sure they keep you.
Unread 08-05-2002, 01:50 AM
I had 4 nights in castle

Hi, also had LAVH but also had bladder sling and front and back repairs. Had catheter out second day, had first stand up on my own that first evening and showered with help of chair early second day. Then I was able to take short walks up and down corridor. Slight setback with vomiting from the painpac meds but once that was sorted I was fine. I never had any trouble getting out of bed or out of chairs, something abdominal princesses have to adjust to. Best wishes for a smooth operation and happy healing. Linda
Unread 08-05-2002, 05:24 AM
LAVH & Hospital Time

I was in the hospital for exactly 25 hours. I thought at first I was being sent home too fast but once I was home in my own bed I was a happy camper. I am 2 weeks post - op tomorrow and so far no complications and I am feeling fantastic. Good Luck
Unread 08-05-2002, 05:31 AM
you'll be amazed

Mellow,

I had TVH 7-16-02 and stayed one night. The surgery was in the morning and I stayed on an epidural for 24 hours. When they told me, on the first evening, that I'd be up and walking around the next day I thought they were crazy. The first day, even though they keep the pain well under control, you can't imagine walking ever again! But by the next day you feel MUCH better. And the day after that you feel even better. Its amazing how fast the healing takes place.

I've found that all the advice I got here was indespensible. For me its always been that I've felt *better* than I expected, so its hard to remember to take it easy.

That said however, now that I've hit the 3 week mark, I'm tired of the small aches, pains and twinges! Its good they are there though, or I'd forget I had anything done.

The nice thing about coming home is that no one wakes you up every two hours to ask you if you're sleeping!

Good luck,
Hap
Unread 08-05-2002, 07:46 PM
LAVH & Hospital Time

I am so glad I found this site. I am thriving on all the encouragement and support I get here! Thanks ladies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register