Sex after TVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex after TVH Sex after TVH

Unread 07-30-2003, 09:51 AM
Sex after TVH

My doc has suggested a TVH for numerous fibroids. I asked the nurse one day over the phone about laproscopic surgery and she didn't know what I was talking about. So my concern is removal of the cervix...how does it effect sexual satisfaction? Also, I actually read that removal of the uterus can effect satisfaction also...that orgasm isn't as "deep". I think this is the only concern that is holding me back from making my decision. HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2003, 10:13 AM
the big "O" still works

jeanette,

I am at 6 weeks postop from TVH w/BSO. I have no cervix. We have not had intercourse yet (have to wait one more week), but I can tell you that orgasms are different, but just as pleasurable. I was having uterine pain during orgasm, and now that the uterus is gone, there is absolutely no pain. The intensity and pleasure of orgasm is extremely high. No change there. Vaginal contractions are strong.

email me in a week and ask me about the full blown deal!
Unread 07-30-2003, 10:24 AM
Sex after TVH

jeanette,

The laproscopic procedure is still a little on the new side. I had a LSH on 6/6/03. My first doctor referred me to the doctor that did the laproscopic surgery at my request because he did not do many of them himself. The LSH leaves the cervix. According to my doctor there is a 5% chance that you could still have a mini period because some cells might be left on the cervix. It would amount to spotting according my doctor. I haven't had any bleeding since the first day after surgery and I've cycled twice since surgery. I still get PMS but no bleeding...thank goodness! I will still need to have a pap smear every year.

You can do some searches about the cervix removal on this website.

Hope this helps you out.

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2003, 10:59 AM
Sex after TVH

Jeanette:

Let me tell you from experience from one of my good days, (I was only 11 days post-op) the satisfaction your are referring to was better for me, I was a little uptight about it but it works and was more intense. What a relief.

Intercourse is still a long ways away for me and I am uptight about that too but as we have always done in the past, we will get through that too but a lot slower and with practice, practice, practice I know everything will be fine.

Hope this helps
Jodi
Unread 07-30-2003, 05:28 PM
Sex after TVH

I had a TAH, no cervix then, kept my ovaries. Everything works great without a cervix. Big O's are even more intense. They do feel different without feeling the uterine contractions yes, but not in a bad way. I actually rate them as more intense now, sometimes so much so it's very close to pain, but not, so don't worry. To sum it up, intimacy is really good on the other side.
The beauty part is, without all the female issues to work around. the sex life has flourished for me, and it wasn't in bad shape before. Good luck
Unread 07-30-2003, 07:26 PM
Sex after TVH

I had my TVH on June 9 and have been rockin the house nightly since I was cleared for sex! I have no cervix or uterus.. but I did keep my ovaries which arent working right and I'm on Estratest HRT.

Orgasm.. well.. Its extremely good. I used to get uterine contractions with orgasms and those are gone (along with the bleeding and pain after orgasm as well) But in general.. in my personal world the orgasm is there... its just as strong , just as long,and its just as good as it was before surgery. I swear if I didnt know better I would think I still had the uterus because I still feel 'contractions'. Once we started outercourse.. orgasm wasnt as strong.. but as time went on.. and by the time I was cleared for intercourse, it was back to normal.

Sex.. its great too. I was scared but had no reason to be. It doesnt hurt, it feels awesome and DH is quite happy too. He said that the only changes he noticed were changes for the good. Its more snug than it used to be. Its more pleasurable for him than it used to be, plus he doesnt get covered in blood.

Thats my experience. Hope it helps ease your mind.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register