TVH tuesday and i want to cry | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH tuesday and i want to cry TVH tuesday and i want to cry

Unread 12-15-2012, 01:42 PM
TVH tuesday and i want to cry

I had to go an hour and a half from home for mysns ball tournament. We are here all day. Killing time at bass pro. I hurt and need to sit down. I am scared and i need to cry. I have so much at home to do and i am so anxious. I am scared. This is major surgery ugh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Re: TVH tuesday and i want to cry

How in the world am i going to be able to do this surgery. I have 3 days left and i am freaking out. How can i ever get on that table tuesday???????
Unread 12-15-2012, 01:50 PM

Honestly, you will- its so normal to be afraid. I thought I was calm when I went in but my blood pressure and heart rate betrayed me! The anticipation and unknown are scary- but the drs and nurses have done this hundreds of times. Just remember to take care of yourself post op and heal right the first time.

Hugs!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2012, 01:51 PM

You will do it...your quality of life will be so much better afterward. I am ten days post-op and my pain I was having before my hysterectomy is gone...the pressure...gone....the feeling like I had an alien taking over my body....gone. My kids are 10 and 14....I have had my tubes tied for 10 years. I didn't want anymore kids and I DO NOT miss my uterus. I have more energy even ten days post-op than I did for months before surgery. Its actually hard to follow the restrictions because I feel so much better! Cry, Pray, do whatever you need to do...its normal to be emotional. But know we are here for you sister no matter what choice you end up making....make it for YOU....and how you WANT to feel.
Unread 12-15-2012, 02:48 PM

Hey! Dont worry, you WILL be fine. I had alot of anxiety before mine too. You can look at my surgery history. Wasnt my first time at the rodeo lol! I had a total abdominal Hysterectomy with a midline incision. Every bit of plumbing gone including my cervix. December 5th. The first couple days were hard. I had 22 staples visible. Im 10 days out now everything is tolerable. Still really tired. And just trying to take it easy. Lots of fluids, getting up and walking around atleast once an hour. Eating pumpkin pie and sweet potatoes, yogurt and supplement with quality acidophilus. They have always been my best friends when im constipated and my digestive system is not doing well. It always gets things moving along smoothly which is crucial to pain control, so stay on top of that. Get a little basket set up with all your goodies and magazines, pen, pad, thermometer, meds. Light one to carry from bed to end table. Nice cozy blanket. Heating pad for lower back pain has been very helpful for me. Neck pillow. Put meals in freezer ahead of time and if anyone offers to help cook or clean, please take them up on it, because it has helped me tremendously not to have to be worried about my teenage boy who is a walking stomach, having meals lined up in advance. Focus on making a list of things you will think are needed to make things easier. Think of everything you would want in reach if you were suffering with the flu. Pour your nervous energy to things that will benefit you for coming home. The more control and input you can have in making your aftercare more successful, the less anxiety there will be going into the hospital..... We are all handling our recoveries with support, communication, empathy for each other. Youve got this in the bag, you just havent figured it out yet. :-) i bet by the 10 day mark where im at right now, you will be back here telling another sister, the same thing im telling you now! My Dr started me on the hormone patch the night of the surgery so im on a rollercoaster with emotions. I didnt want to be miserable anymore and if this gives me the chance to be more productive and enjoy life more, its worth a few weeks of misery. I think of it this way, its not like the next few weeks i wouldn't be suffering if i didnt do it. Just stay in touch and keep updating. No questions or worries, are too miniscule. Pour out your heart and we will help you as best we can with the emotional support you need now and the weeks to come. Take care of yourself, you deserve it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register