Is this swelly belly? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is this swelly belly? Is this swelly belly?

Unread 07-12-2005, 02:05 PM
Is this swelly belly?

Hi Sisters, I am 9 1/2 weeks PO from my LSH. And I have some questions about swelly belly.
Does your belly get really hard sometimes? You know, not feeling really flexible. Also, is most of the swelling like 3 inches below your navel , like you're carrying a spare tire? I'm just
wondering because I was having bowel trouble before this and now that I've had my LSH I can finally go to the bathroom regularly. Yeah! But I'm concerned that I'm swelling in the wrong place. Because I use to feel so bloated in the same place before the LSH. Sounds like a silly thing to say doesn't it? I'm just so huge from my navel down
to where that crease is between the 2 incision points. I'm not in any pain just achey. And it sometimes feels hard as a rock. But I'm just wondering if this is the swelly belly.

Oh yes, and is anyone gaining weight? I went back to work last week (this is week2) and I
kinda expected to see some kinda of loss. Am I just way off base here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Is this swelly belly?

Hi Shera.. I don't know if you are having swelly belly or not.. I swell right below my breast and I feel really full up there too. I am not sure if this is what I am having either. Maybe someone will come along and give you an answer.. God Bless
Unread 07-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Is this swelly belly?

I swell right below my breasts too, by the end of the day I look nine months pregnant. I am four weeks post-op this week. The bottom of my belly pretty much looks like it did before surgery, it was fat before surgery and still is now.

Cheryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2005, 02:35 PM
Is this swelly belly?

Thanks Jamie. Actually I feel kinda big in there too. I guess I just didn't want to admit to myself that I don't have a waist anymore. The dr told my DH that it would be months for with the swelly belly, but I guess I just wasn't picturing this. I was also concerned that my bowels weren't working right. It seems that even when I eat a little I just feel soooo full. So I wanted to get a better picture of what swelly belly could be.
Unread 07-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Is this swelly belly?

Cheryl you sure hit the nail on the head! That's exactly what I look like. Like I'm pregnant. (and I never have been) See I got married last Nov and people keeping looking at me funny. Like I'm pregnant too soon after or something. And they dont' know it's because of the LSH.
But I sure appreciate my Sisters sharing their experiences with me, cause this does get depressing. I actually had to go to a Plus Size consignment shop and buy some things to
wear back to work. Nothing would fit. And as you said, I was fluffy and bloated before I had this done.
Unread 07-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Is this swelly belly?

Right there with ya! I have named mine "fluffy boo boo"

And, at 4 mo. I still get it...and look like I am pregnant! OMG!

And, no, I am not losing weight. I did at first, then gained some of it back. Now, I think I might have put on a lb or two in the last week or so. Oh well, such is life. I already had a spare tire, so that's old news. I just can't worry about it today...maybe tomorrow!
Unread 07-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Swelly Belly or Fat?

Hey,
Talk about the fat. I had it too, before my surgery and want to try and loose it soon! Unfortunately, it will have to wait until I fully recover. That is why I can't tell if it is swelly belly or not. It kinda looks the same! I am two weeks today! TAH! I feel a little guity because I did so well. Of course, there is a little twing of pain from time to time but overall I expected a lot worse.
I have been up and about since day 2. I am not running marathons or driving or vacuuming but I am doing housework and are back to normal. I am very fortunate because I am a teacher's assistant and have the summer off. That is why I planned the TAH for the summer. I really feel for those who are struggling with pain. Everyone does heal differently and has different pain tolerance. They shouldn't be upset and do what feels right. I am wondering if I am doing too much? I just listen to my body. Sorry that I went on and on! I tend to be a little hyper, even after the surgery! To get back to the subject, I really need to get rid some of my belly. I have had it for 21 years, after my son. Oh well, if you have any tips or exercises let me know! See you and get well soon! Carol
Unread 07-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Is this swelly belly?

Last night myDH said I looked like I was pregnant, he just blurted it out, I told hime I had a case of swelly belly, ( I hope thats what it is) He didn''t mean anything by it he was just shocked.
About 1 /2 hr later my DD said I was having a baby.
Now I feel fat it's the part of your belly under your breasts. I think it was a bit fat before but not like this.
zebra
Unread 07-13-2005, 02:20 PM
Is this swelly belly?

LOL fluffy boo boo. LOL! I've got to remember that one.
Well Sisters you've done it again. You turned my frown upside down. Yep I swell right under my breasts too. I just didn't say anything because I want to ignore it. I was VERY big yesterday. So when I got home from work I took some pains meds (which I haven't needed since week 2) and laid in bed all evening. I feel so much better today. So far I haven't swelled as much but I have felt alot of pinches and tightness down there. So I guess you have your good days and your bad days. All this support really helped me. I did manage to find another thread on swelly belly that had alot of responses to it. So I know that we are not alone and that this is normal.
Thanks for you help!
Unread 07-13-2005, 03:29 PM
Is this swelly belly?

I am 70 lbs overweight so I really havent been sure if my big belly is due to 'swelly belly' or not but it does get bigger as the day goes on and it is hard as a rock in a line right across my belly button-it does feel like there's a ball in there. although there is plenty of fat, this does feel different. I spent 2 hours on my feet at Wal Mart today then another hour at the library with my kids so it's really bad today.

I had a TAH with a bikini line incision so I wasnt expecting to have swelling that high in my abdomen, I thought it would be around the area of the surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register