Is it possible after surgery.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it possible after surgery.. Is it possible after surgery..

Unread 01-28-2014, 09:30 AM
Is it possible after surgery..

I would like to share this with my sisters that after surgery is it possible that our intestine dropped all together on the lower abdominal?

I never felt this ****ty for my abdominal size, now it feels bigger that what i had before. when i use cream on my incision it feels all my intestine took place there.
How can i know to make myself understand what happened after surgery, what is happening on those emplty places now since all the organs are gone. I had TAH/BSO.
Please help me

Neha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2014, 10:27 AM
Re: Is it possible after surgery..

I think your intestines do move in its place, not 100% sure. I too have noticed my stomach is larger. I have never had a big belly... Until I had problems prior to surgery and now after... Its annoying carrying this pouch around.
Unread 01-28-2014, 10:27 AM

It is normal for "things" to shift around after surgery. I am NOT a doctor but I suspect you may be having some "swelly belly" issues. This resolves with time and more sisters than not experience it. I am one of the lucky ones who never had it. Sometimes this can last 6 months or longer.

I you are having pain, spotting or issues with bowel or bladder function, this needs to be investigated. Don't be afraid to give your doctor a call with anything that concerns you.

{{{HUGS}}}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2014, 08:23 PM

Thank you for your support, I would want to call my doctor but lost my faith with these doctors here (going through horrible bad experience with my previous GP).
Sharing/expressing here more comfortable for me right now, yes i have to see my new GP again.

thanks for listening sisters

god bless,
Neha
Unread 01-28-2014, 09:13 PM

I ran this question by my surgeon prior to surgery because of what I read on another site. He said that of all the things his patients have told him about what they've read on the internet, this was the most crazy (not his word). He explained that the intestines have their own ligaments holding them up, and not dependent on something else, like the uterus, to hold them up.
That being said, I still believe that of course there must be some changes in your body when you remove a part of it.
But if you're thinking you might have a distended belly because your intestines have fallen, it seems that would not be the norm. Maybe find another doctor you feel you can trust, and get it checked out. Or maybe it is a case of swelly belly.
Unread 01-30-2014, 07:15 PM

Thanks for the support, next time i see doctor will ask about it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register