Suggestions -- F&B for the first week or two | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Suggestions -- F&B for the first week or two Suggestions -- F&B for the first week or two

Unread 02-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Suggestions -- F&B for the first week or two

Can anyone give me some suggestions regarding what groceries I should run out and purchase for the first week to 10 days after I return home?

Scheduled for a TAH on 02/14/05 -- just a week away now.

Want to make things as easy as possible on family and friends who are volunteering to help.

Any advice would be genuinely appreciated.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2005, 05:20 PM

Remember you have to stay away from anything that causes gas, constipation and/or diarrhea. So, that takes care of most good food, I hope you like Jello...just kidding, I am going to be in the same boat soon. Good luck on your surgery.

Denise

TAH/BSO on 3/4/05
Unread 02-07-2005, 05:25 PM

Well, if you're anything like me, I wanted applesauce, fresh fruits, baked potatoes, yogurt, and foods that were more bland than anything.

Make sure you stock up on high fiber foods and juices. Oatmeal is great and so is dried prunes.

I did have some nausea early on and sipping cola really did wonders to settle it down.

Most of all, eat healthy foods so your body can heal properly. You'll feel better too!

Take care.

Luvmabug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2005, 06:14 PM

Hi Cappunino
Ditto to the applesauce & the fresh fruits! Yum! Many things didn't taste quite right to me for a while, so I was picky.

I also bought a gift card to our local SuperMart and gave it to my friend to have on hand. That way, when she'd run her errands and ask if I needed anything, all she had to do was use the card to pay for my items. It was very helpful.

I rec'd several gift cards to local restaurants from co-workers and family. We loved having the curbside-to-go meals & it was easy on DH after a long day at work.

Take Care~
s,
Beth
Unread 02-07-2005, 06:18 PM

I kept a list going of things that I had a taste for and gave the list to my sis-in-law after my surgery. One thing I really liked were flavored graham crackers (chocolate, honey, cinnamon). And, for the water consumption, I tried Fruit 2 O, which is uncarbonated water with a little flavoring and splenda. Of course, you'll also need Gas-X!!!

Also, don't forget NO pushing a shopping cart for awhile (6 weeks) after your surgery. It was nice to get out of the house (with someone else driving) for short spurts and then they could push the cart and help me shop.

Best of luck!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register