help with voiding tips please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

help with voiding tips please help with voiding tips please

Unread 07-31-2013, 12:22 PM
help with voiding tips please

my fibroid is sitting on top of my bladder and I can't void today..

they didn't teach me to self cath yet...

I tried putting pressure on my bladder but it didn't help..

I tried leaning forward and backward, legs apart... tried moving and down.that didn't work either.....

I don't want to deal with a cath at home again...I had to wear one for 2 months til they figured it was the placement of my giant grapefruit sized fibroid..

I requested some meds to relax my bladder..will probably have to get cathed anyway..my hysterectomy is happening Monday..

also, is there anything I should ask my urogyno to do for that with my surgery? please and thanks for any advice......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Re: help with voiding tips please

What helped me after surgery - if you have a drinking straw - try blowing out thru it - if you don't have - just pucker up and blow out - kind of hard...

Hope it helps
Unread 07-31-2013, 12:40 PM

thank you-I will try that..

still haven't heart back from the dr's office..

bladder is feeling very full...the nurse is helping with a procedure....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2013, 12:58 PM

Might sound weird - but if the fibroid is sitting on top - try to kind of stand up and pee (kind of straddle the toilet)... or try leaning back - maybe a different angle will relieve some of the blocking???
Unread 07-31-2013, 01:36 PM

you are a SUPERSTAR! thank you

I was rocking back and forth leaning forward a little then I was blowing air thru my left hand like a kazoo or something.....

I was able to go.....thank you soooo much...it took forever for me to go today..but I was able to with your help,,,,if that helped me then (and I know it did), if I get stuck again it should work again? omg thank you!

Unread 07-31-2013, 02:16 PM

Well thank you for the high praise Trust me - all I've had time for it to think about my body and how things work and are connect, etc...

I am so, so glad you got some relief !!!
Unread 07-31-2013, 06:51 PM

awwww almost back to square one..

now I don't want to drink many liquids because I am having a hard time going again....
Unread 08-10-2013, 07:53 PM

Oh man shygal heart goes out because I've been there. I found sitting in a large bathrub if you have one and this is gross but warm waterthen cold alternate rthen sit up lean way forward or maybe lean back in your case....then I was fully abele to go. My case is different this was when I couldn't go due to severely impacted stool w rectecele
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:39 AM

thank you for your tip and your kind response

pure peppermint oil helps, a few drops in the toilet water and or some on some toilet paper or kleenex under the toilet seat so it's not touching you anywhere......(and afterwards I use a wipe to clean it off the seat (if it came into contact with the peppermint oil) cause if your BF or hubby touches that and doesn't wash his hands he'll get that in his eye and it will burn.....

Some Spirits of Peppermint in the hat can really help. It helps relax the spincter

It's not just the smell of the peppermint oil that helps. The volatile oil molecules that are the basis of the smell ( absorbed by mucous membeane in the nose and go directly to the olifactory area of the brain) are also absorbed by the mucous membranes in the vulva, and relax the spincter.

It sounds ridiculous, but having them blow bubbles in water using a straw sometimes helps. Relaxes the sphincter and by golly, they can go sometimes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register