We will have a new hystersister May 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

We will have a new hystersister May 29 We will have a new hystersister May 29

Unread 05-25-2001, 01:09 PM
We will have a new hystersister May 29

Hi Ladies!
I work with a wonderful lady who is about to become a hystersister. She has never had surgery or even been in the hospital before. She has had only minor complaints, but has a fibroid that is five pounds plus! Her doctor is concerned that she has had little discomfort with this large mass. She does not like her doctors personality much, but I have assured her she is in good hands at a hospital that I have total confidence in. The nurses and doctors at this hospital are really amazing. She calls me her encourager. I have shared with her my experience here on the website as well as what I went through with my hyst. Actually she came to me because she said she thought I was very brave and strong and she knew I would understand what she was about to face. I know this is the Road Less Traveled, but not traveled alone, but I am asking you all to pray for her with me. Her name is Julia and she is my Jamaica Mama friend.

How can I get this posted on the other boards for support for her. She does not have a computer at home and she will be away from work for at least 6 weeks. I visit this board every day from home and at work on my break.

There is power in numbers and power in prayer! Would you ladies join with me to support her in her experience. I will pass along your support. I will be holding her hand and when she does that she will be holding all of your hands too! This site has been a tremendous help to me as well as all of you! This you already know, I just wanted to say it in print! Her surgery is scheduled for Tuesday May 29.

Thank you all of my new and kindred sisters,
Harvard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2001, 01:13 PM

Count my prayers in Harvard

I'm sure there will be a hostess along shortly to post this on the Pre Op board
Unread 05-25-2001, 06:46 PM
Hi to your friend

I didn't have any symptoms with my very large tumors either. Would not have noticed (despite I was the size of full term preg.) had my regular Dr not felt them when I was seeing her for something else. I had never had major surgery (tonsils and lap) and went through it fine and my recovery went really well. Please let your friend know I am sending he positive thoughts. I am sorry she does not feel positive about her Dr. that does make it a little more difficult. You are a good friend, glad you are there to support her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2001, 07:06 AM

What a wonderful friend you are!

I hope you have added your friend to our calendar. Many of our sisters send emails a day or two before. Could you print them off for her and take them to her so that she can see how welcome she is?

Could she come to your house a couple of weeks after surgery and see the site for herself? If not, maybe a library for just a few minutes?

She might also appreciate the book the sisters created. It has all the best from the website. You can visit the store to get it.

If nothing else, please add her to the calendar and we will be sure to pray for her.

Best Wishes
Unread 05-26-2001, 07:51 AM
Paving/Praying the way from Silver Spring, MD

What a wonderful sister you two are for each other! I have a few very close sisters and we pray together as prayer partners for our children, family, etc...so I know how precious you are for each other. God is so Good --- ALL THE TIME!

Please let your friend know that she may have a few options that may make this process a bit more comfortable. The are:

- She doesn't have to be put *under* for this and a spinal is much more comfortable during and after the surgery. Ask the doctor that is in charge of this to put her pain meds in the spinal and she will not need to use that morphine pump everytime she's in pain because it takes care of it for the first 24 hours and then they will start the pain med follow on as normal. It was great!!! She will not get sick and find herself possibly throwing up with the spinal as many do with the general. My doctor recommended because he believes in the best and most comfortable methods for the patient

- If she can keep one or both her ovaries she most likely will not have to take artificial hrt. I had a TAH in March of 2000, kept one ovary (the other one was smushed by my one very large fibroid) and the only lonely is ticking away as if there were two!!! Happy! Happy!

I am praying for you two and asking you to keep us posted!!!
Unread 05-26-2001, 09:21 PM

Harvard, what a good friend you are

You say that your friend is a co-worker and that you sometimes visit from work. Any possibility that your friend can share her break or lunch hour with you while you are reading the message boards? This might give her an opportunity to look around, get the information she needs and even add some of her own questions.

The Hyster Sister book, available from our store sure is a nice gift idea.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register