Life is a little hectic | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Life is a little hectic Life is a little hectic

Unread 06-19-2009, 04:08 AM
Life is a little hectic

My surgery is on July 9, TVH (is that the right abbreviation? vaginally, uterus and cervix). Hoping they can leave my ovaries. 2.5 years of 1 week off per month-all because of a fibroid. That's 2 days before my husband's birthday, but I hope to have his cake and present ready beforehand. We are also moving right now, but the move will be done before the surgery. So it's just a little hectic...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2009, 04:14 AM
Re: Life is a little hectic

hi BMcF3.. mine is 7th July.. so we're pretty close.Not sure how you're feeling (scared, worried etc..) I know I'm scared to death but I have more complications (c-section at the same time plus bladder reconstructive surgery).. so I know I'm freaking out even now and still have 2 weeks to go! god help me the night before!!! will need sleeping tablets I think. am terrifed of the blood loss associated problems but that's mostly because I'm pregnant so it's more dangerous for me perhaps?
Unread 06-19-2009, 12:45 PM

I'm not sure how I feel, other than emotional (mostly from nerves-I don't think I've hit scared yet) and a little overwhelmed! I have fleeting moments of "OMG it's so close!" but then I think "Yeah, but you need to finish moving first!" I try to stay focused on one thing at a time (moving on the 28th) but it doesn't always work. When I do have time to think (like before I go to sleep) I try to picture everything going just fine. I think that's when I'm most nervous. I haven't felt scared yet, and I refuse to think about the night before and how I'll feel then. I've had a cycst removed from my neck, so I think I know what to expect from the anesthesia. As for the rest of it, if I can just take it as it comes that would be good. My only worry is how much work I'll miss...I have 3 part time bookkeeping jobs, each of them approx 2-3 hours per week. My hubby tells me not to worry the few times he has noticed I'm nervous.

As for you...don't be scared! Think positive; everything will be fine. You will have a wonderful distraction afterwards, and probably help coming out your ears for your little one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2009, 04:36 PM

Hi sisters,

I'm July 8th (LSH)!

I've been kind of swinging between anxious and scared (not of surgery itself, but I have hospital issues). I'm also trying to get my house in order to have people come in and help after surgery. And I have to go to a conference next week - coming home a week before surgery.

Sending lots of good thoughts to you both - we'll get through it together.

~ M
Unread 06-19-2009, 05:39 PM

I am July 1st!
I feel the same, I have a lot going on. I am trying to clean for a re-finance, and we have a family reunion in my town on the 25th of July.
Oh, I almost forgot they just put my uncle on Hospice, we were at the VA hosp untill midnight the night before last.......blah blah...Maybe this is god's way of keeping me busy. Wish me luck, I am getting a bit nervous when I have time to think about it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register