dont feel im progressing as the doc says | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

dont feel im progressing as the doc says dont feel im progressing as the doc says

Unread 07-12-2010, 03:47 PM
dont feel im progressing as the doc says

I don't think I'm healing like doc has told me. My belly still swells and hurts. I'm going for second opinion once my pcp is transfered. I have friends and family that had the same surgery and they healed differently as I am. And now I also have swollen and sore breast that has small amount of secretion. Similar to early stage of pregnancy. Did anyone have that too? I don't take a harmone cuz I have one ovary still. Please let me know. I won't be able to find out from a doc till my insurance changes my doc completely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Re: dont feel im progressing as the doc says

Also my urologist released me told me not to listen to his unless my gyn does release me. Gyn didn't say he released me but made my next appt for 11 months. And with it being my body I know I can't sit or stand too long without pain. Along with my stomach swelling still. Another reason I'm getting my pcp changed to get a second opionion. I have been told by others who have had this surgery to get a second opinion cuz the look of my stomach and how I was sewn.
Unread 07-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Re: dont feel im progressing as the doc says

I am almost 7 weeks and still have pain when standing walking,even sitting. Not ALOT but enough to make me wonder and make me not want to do anything.I thought at 6 weeks i would be pain free but after reveiwing the pain sec. on here,it does say a couple months of some pain and discomfort will still be felt-so reveiw that-I think I have a low tolerance to pain too. i have always been blessed with pain medicine when hurting so have never had to suffer.I hate feeling any degree of pain. i cant ignore it at all.I was hopeing it woulnd be this uncomfortable for so long.I wish i could fast forward 2-3 months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2010, 06:20 PM
dont feel im progressing as the doc says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie222 View Post
I am almost 7 weeks and still have pain when standing walking,even sitting. Not ALOT but enough to make me wonder and make me not want to do anything.I thought at 6 weeks i would be pain free but after reveiwing the pain sec. on here,it does say a couple months of some pain and discomfort will still be felt-so reveiw that-I think I have a low tolerance to pain too. i have always been blessed with pain medicine when hurting so have never had to suffer.I hate feeling any degree of pain. i cant ignore it at all.I was hopeing it woulnd be this uncomfortable for so long.I wish i could fast forward 2-3 months.
Yes I do too. I am getting yelled at to find a job with me trying to explain I'm not ready yet. When I had my surgery my doc didn't explain all that I would go thru. It was this sight that enlightened all of it after I experience it. My belly is nasty. Not like all my other friends and family's surgery which was the same exact one. I had to take care of myself. Which also means at 1 week after I had to wash and hang clothes on line or I wouldn't have clothes. So many things I should have done or the nurses should have done that I didn't know cuz the doc didn't care to tell me. It was like I went into it blindly and let go into a desert on my own. That is the hardest thing ever to do. So hopefully when I get my pcp changed I can find a better gyn and urologist to make sure this thing was done right. Hoping you get well soon and have more understanding support surrounding you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register