wide awake with nerves!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

wide awake with nerves!! wide awake with nerves!!

Unread 07-21-2001, 12:11 AM
wide awake with nerves!!

It is 3:15 am and I am wide awake. My surgery is Monday morning and boy my nerves and anxiety are rising. Any suggestions on how to calm them and to relax?
Denise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2001, 12:31 AM
wide awake with nerves!!

Hi Denise, arent the nerves bad, I too would wake and stress. It is so normal, but that doesnt help does it. Could you try some relaxtion tapes? Maybe these would help. I hope these next few days speed by for you . Best of luck for Monday x x x
Unread 07-21-2001, 03:35 AM
wide awake with nerves!!

My heart goes out to you....looking back now at the month before my surgery, I was one stressed out lady...Like a black cloud was hanging over everything I did....Just hang in there....And know that in a lot of ways, the waiting for it is the worse part....

You'll probably laugh at this story but here goes.....A few nights before the surgery I dreamed I was in the hospital. Where ever I went, my dog Bear was right in front of me. I had Bear (a chow) for 13 years and had to put him down a few years ago. It was a real emotional experience for me - he was truly my baby. He died with his head on my lap sitting on the floor.

Anyway, in my dream I was standing still in the hospital hallway - frozen. Bear kept coming to get me, circling around, and walking down the hall. I finally followed him.

For some reason, that dream was very comforting to me. I guess only another animal lover can relate, but I felt like he was telling me all was ok. Who says animals don't communicate?

Hoping the best for you as you tough out the last few days. Walking and exercise seemed to work for me. Good luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2001, 03:36 AM
wide awake with nerves!!

I'm going in Monday as well. Find myself keyed up trying to get all the detail straight. I'm having good results with deep breathing. Calms me down and helps me get a focus again. We're both going to do fine on Monday, dear friend.
Unread 07-21-2001, 04:41 AM
wide awake with nerves!!

Dear Nurse, I think it is common for all of us to be a wreck right before the surgery The only thing you can do at this point is try to do things that will make your recovery time peaceful when you come home. Make sure your cupboards are full with staples etc. Paper plates and cups because your not gonna feel like doing dishes Make sure your bedroom is set up for comfort. I washed and cleaned almost everything in my bedroom so it would be bright and shiny when I came home. I had all my laundry done and books and magazines on a table on waist level. Very hard to bend the first few weeks. Before you know it Monday will be here. Best wishes, Diane
Unread 07-21-2001, 06:07 AM
hang in there!

Nurse,
Ahhh I do remember that feeling....I was forunate enough to have to work overtime to complete the paperwork on my clients up until the day before surgery. I also am a great procrastinator and spent the last 3 days before surgery spring cleaning, shopping and enjoying my family. I forgot to ask my doc for a sleep aid the night before surgery so needless to say, I never went to bed and ended up power walking at 4 am!..lol...I am not advocating this...but it worked for me. The most important thing to me was preparing my bedroom for when I returned...I went all out and bought new sheets/comforter and curtains.....set up an extra table with magazines, thank you cards, etc. We also borrowed a set of tiny walkie talkies...one sat by my bed, the other was hooked on the belt of either my hubby or kids..that way, anytime I needed something, I could just buzz them and ask. This also prevented them from feeling the need to leave my door open or hover. Feel free to email me anytime...I'm 2 weeks post-op and online quite a bit now......Good luck and best wishes,,,,Grace

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register