Lupron for pelvic pain and heavy bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lupron for pelvic pain and heavy bleeding Lupron for pelvic pain and heavy bleeding

Unread 04-20-2012, 04:25 AM
Lupron for pelvic pain and heavy bleeding

I had some questions about lupron that I can't seem to get the answers any other way.
I was given my first shot on the 17th of April of this year. I have not been dx with anything specific as to the cause of my pelvic pain, heavy bleeding that is not control, a so serve cramping that it truely knocks me down.
Since November of last year after my pap and depo shot I have been having a period. As time went on they have gotten longer and heavier. As March approached I had to periods within days of each other than April came and had another on.
Ultrasounds showed really nothing and they compared them to the one I had in 09. I have extreme weight gain that really is not showing signs of slowing down even with what I can do when I am feeling up to it for exercise.
My husband is deployed right now and I am home with our two girls. Family (his) are unsupportive and I am left to manage things on my own.
What I am wanting to know..Now that I have been given my first shot how will this determine a hyster. I am still kind of spotting off and on since the 17th but not like it was before the shot.
Yesterday, I hurt so bad that I just couldn't see straight and struggled most of the day managing it. I was given no pain meds other than tylenol 500mg x2 and motrin 800mg x2 three times a day.
Because my pain gets so bad that I am not sleeping very well at all, I manage maybe 4 hours a night..and maybe 1 1/2 hours during the day. I feel really bad for my kids.
I am one of those people that just suffer in silence because I am always given a impression that it's nothing and that it's just a physical response to something else that I am dealing with..i.e stress.
I have been dealing with this pain since the birth of my last child almost 5 years now.
I am hoping that I am posting this right and in the right area. I am just so worried what the out come will be and that after going thru the Lupron there will be no answer to it and I will have gone thru this for nothing.
I really could use the informative information for someone that might know more about it.
Thank you so much for reading this long post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Re: Lupron for pelvic pain and heavy bleeding

I have been on lupron 4 times in the past and each time it was because I was growing eggs inside of me for a donation. I did not feel any different any of the times I was on it so I am not sure why you would be on it. I would try and go to another doctor for a second opinion if u have that option. I'm sorry I'm not much help best of luck to you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register