need advise asap. pressure and bulging in vaginal area. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

need advise asap. pressure and bulging in vaginal area. need advise asap. pressure and bulging in vaginal area.

Unread 02-27-2016, 04:43 PM
need advise asap. pressure and bulging in vaginal area.

I am 7 weeks post op and I've been having lots of pressure and pain between my legs. Well the past two days its extremely bad and feeling like something is coming out. I know it's weird but I put my hand down there to check and there is a bulge down where the opening of my vagina is. And on top of that it hurts so bad. Its extremely embarrassing for me to talk about butbim not sure what is going on or what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2016, 05:16 PM
Re: need advise asap. pressure and bulging in vaginal area.

Sorry don't know what it could be but I'd call my doctor and ask what it could be or if you need to be seen good luck
Unread 02-27-2016, 05:34 PM

Why not go to the ER? You are in pain, had major surgery less than 2 months ago & feel an abnormality. Please don't wait too long. If you think you can make it until Monday to see your doctor then fine, but if not, go to the ER. Or, if your doctor has a contact number for emergencies or an on-call doctor from his/her office, try that.

Don't ever be embarrassed to talk about this stuff...we all learn from each other's experiences.

You have to take care of #1...and that's you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2016, 10:57 PM

It could be a lymphocele. I got one that is pressing near the bladder and on the iliac vein joint of the right leg. My first sensation was a 'bulge' that was truly scary. I had a CT, then Ultrasound to diax. Dr said it could take a year to drain on its own, but if pain gets worse, they can aspirate it but it may come back. They had removed some lymph nodes during my hyster to make sure my cancer hadn't spread.
Unread 02-28-2016, 12:10 AM

I am sorry to hear you are not doing we.. Please go to the ER or Urgent Aid. Talk to a doctor to get the answers you need.
Unread 02-28-2016, 06:55 AM

I am tbe same week as you. I also get pressure but not as bad as what you describe. Mine started when I went back to work 2 weeks ago. Resting this weekend is helping but think I need a checkup. Hope you get checked out and feel better!! Let us know!!
Unread 02-28-2016, 07:40 AM

Phm2015,
I'm sorry you are experiencing pain and pressure. It doesn't sound like an emergency but you should call either your surgeon or your gyn for an exam as soon as possible. Did you have repairs with your hysterectomy? It could be just post operative swelling or the beginning of a prolapse but you are so early post op it's not likely. Try wetting and freezing some sanitary pads to use as ice packs over your underwear to help ease the swelling and stay off your feet for the day to see if symptoms improve. Call your doctor on Monday.
If you suddenly have a huge increase in pain or bleeding call the on-call surgeon or go to the ER.
Please let us know how you are doing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register