Lavh? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Lavh?

Just wondering if anyone can give me some "timeline" of their recovery my husband is home from Afghanistan and they are giving him 4 weeks off before going back and I was wondering if I will be able to take care of my kids without him daughter 3 years son 2 years son 1 year after that 4 week mark! I am really scared as my kids can mostly get around by themselves I will still have to lift them in and out of the tub, car, beds I know everyone heals different but I thought I could get a timeline from my sisters here surgery 1/12/05-also I feel like an emotional rollercoster I cried the other night because while my husband was at work he watched a movie I wanted to see without me I knew it was stupid but it still bothered me any other sisters gone threw this-I know the doctors and Psycitrist says I am just mouring (only 22years old) but I feel like I am going crazy- any advice or help would be greatly appriecated (sp)!! lol Horrible speller Thanks everyone I do feel better since joining this site a couple of days ago because before noone could relate to me because they aren't going threw this it is good to have people to talk to that have been threw what I am going threw..

Tabatha
LAVH 1/12/05 endo, adnomyosis, enlarged uterus, heavy bleeding, painful periods, very painful sexual intercouse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Lavh?

Hi Tabatha!!!!

I am sorry that I cannot answer your questions, I have yet to have my surgery. But I wanted to say hello and that my daughter is named Tabatha as well, spelled the same and everything!

I will pray for you and hope everything goes well for you!

hedy
Unread 01-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Lavh?

There is not such thing as "just mourning." Your feelings are not stupid. They are normal. They are valid! I've found that a lot of us are taking anti-depressents. For me, it has really helped. I'm not crying much anymore. You might talk to your doctor and see if this is an option. This website and all of our sister's here has been a huge help. There is always someone awake. If you ever need to talk, go online. We are there for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Re: Lavh?

I just had an LAVH done on Dec. 28, 2004, and my recovery has been fairly pain-free. Today, I showered, dressed and have spent most the day puttering around the house and spending time on the computer.

As everybody heals differently, your recovery will be a personal one. I can not give you any guidelines about that. Perhaps one of the older Princesses could help.

What I can suggest, is talking with you doctor to see if you can have him write orders requesting Home Health Care or other available assistance.

You mentioned you were military, perhaps you could contact your relief society for help. The Navy Relief (now Navy Marine Relief Society I think) does provide volunteers who can help.

Also, do you belong to any of the wives groups? Sometimes they can be an avenue of support.

MissDaisy
Navy brat and proud of it. Married to a Vietnam draftee and proud of it. And for your Marines out there Semper Fi!

Quote:
Originally posted by tabby2382
Just wondering if anyone can give me some "timeline" of their recovery my husband is home from Afghanistan and they are giving him 4 weeks off before going back and I was wondering if I will be able to take care of my kids without him daughter 3 years son 2 years son 1 year after that 4 week mark! I am really scared as my kids can mostly get around by themselves I will still have to lift them in and out of the tub, car, beds I know everyone heals different but I thought I could get a timeline from my sisters here surgery 1/12/05-also I feel like an emotional rollercoster I cried the other night because while my husband was at work he watched a movie I wanted to see without me I knew it was stupid but it still bothered me any other sisters gone threw this-I know the doctors and Psycitrist says I am just mouring (only 22years old) but I feel like I am going crazy- any advice or help would be greatly appriecated (sp)!! lol Horrible speller Thanks everyone I do feel better since joining this site a couple of days ago because before noone could relate to me because they aren't going threw this it is good to have people to talk to that have been threw what I am going threw..

Tabatha
LAVH 1/12/05 endo, adnomyosis, enlarged uterus, heavy bleeding, painful periods, very painful sexual intercouse

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register