standing up still feels strange | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

standing up still feels strange standing up still feels strange

Unread 03-02-2006, 02:02 PM
standing up still feels strange

...like my insides stand up just a little after the rest of me does. It is a weird and not very comfortable feeling, like they all might decide to fall out or stay sitting instead of standing up with the rest of me. Does anyone else feel like that?

Also, sneezing, coughing and laughing from an unexpected funny hurts! When does that stop? (Although it certainly is better then it was even last week)

Debbie,
c-section that lead to an emergency hysterectomy and repair of a bladder tear(excpet that my daughter was born healthy, it was a VERY bad day)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Dear SiameseCatGal

i can understand that wierd feeling your talking about.It kinda feels like when i walk around that my insides are just sitting at the bottom.Sometimes i feel a kind of heaviness if i've been up and around for a while.Strange sensations they are but i have no idea when it will feel all normal again i think it's just a matter of time for us. I am at my 5 week recovery period and it's been slowly getting better then it was in the earlier weeks. The hurt from a good funny doesn't hurt as much as it did but i still grab my tummy and brace for it.It helps if i have enough time to brace for it unless a sneeze sneaks up then it's too sudden.lol.I think time maybe the answer.We all heal at different rates...pamper yourself,and give yourself the time you deserve.
Unread 03-02-2006, 03:53 PM

I had the same sensation but if was after the birth of my 1st child rather than my hyst. When I stood up I felt like everything was going to fall out!! I see from your post that you had your hyst after c-section so your sensation could be like mine?!!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2006, 08:55 PM

I'm so glad to see it just wasn't me! When I go to stand up it feels like there are bricks in the lower part of me. At first I thought maybe I just needed to go to the bathroom but that wasn't the case. The other weird thing (don't know if anyone else has had this happen) is my body has this weird need to stretch. This happens when I'm laying down, when I first sit up and mind you I am not the get out of bed and gotta stretch first type of person. Its like I have no control of it. I guess in a way its good, my insides don't have time to stiffen up, but its so annoying and in the beginning it was so so painful. I have since gotten used to it.
Unread 03-08-2006, 07:53 AM

Yes!
I wake up stretching in the morning, long full body stretches that seem to concentrate on my belly. They feel good at the time, but when I wake up enough to realize I'm doing it, they scare me since I still hurt a bit.

I guess my body knows what its doing? I do know this feeling of healing hunched over has eased and gone away since the stretches started and I've made sure to stand and sit straight. Like you said, glad to see I''m not alone.
Unread 03-08-2006, 09:54 AM

Hey, I have those weird stretching things happening too! Right from the first week, when I am lying down; all of the sudden, my body goes rigid and my legs too. It feels good but it sure was scary the first couple of times it happened! Debbie: I have that 'something's hanging' there feeling sometimes too. I really notice it when I do side steps quickly in my walking program. Feels like weight just there. If we all have it happening, I guess it's normal then.

Mar
Unread 03-08-2006, 10:08 AM

Wow thanks ladies, I woke up with my body doing those weird stretches this morning. Like I had no control at all, very strange!!!! It kinda felt good but scary cuz it hurt a bit. I am just one week out.
Unread 03-08-2006, 12:14 PM

I'm so glad I bought that stretching thing up, because it was really bothering me. I am now in my 4th week and the stretching continues but now I'm not as concerned about it, since it is happening to everyone else. Thanks guys for letting me know. Its funny how the body knows just what it needs to heal and I guess this stretching helps the muscles regain their strength. Hope everyone is doing well.
Unread 03-08-2006, 12:25 PM

I am 2 weeks out (as of tomorrow) and had my 2 week visit today to remove the staples. I feel so much better without them - now I just have the steri-strips in place for another week (guess I'm not healing as well as they expected).
I too have the watermelon feeling in my belly everytime I stand up - like I need to hold my belly. The belly band has helped a whole lot with this. But I wanted you to know that going from a 9 month pg straight to the hyster may be the biggest difference one's body can ever feel. I mean I felt kinda like this after my last pg, but even more so now. So you are getting double the feelings (possibly).
Wishing you all the best and so glad to see your DD is doing great!
Unread 03-08-2006, 12:38 PM

Wow! I have felt that heavy feeling too. It's like when I was pregnant & I'd walk around holding my belly like you want to protect it or something. I notice the heavyness/pressure when I'm up for very long. Laughing & sneezing are still a little painful. But that is getting much better. Hope you feel better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register