A little humor before I go | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A little humor before I go A little humor before I go

Unread 09-27-2006, 09:37 PM
A little humor before I go

I have to share a couple of funny things with you all.

First, I was just in the bedroom packing for the castle when it dawned on me that I need to make sure my bellybutton is good and clean before I go since I'm having a Lap. The more I thought about it the funnier that just sounded to me. Maybe it's just me.

The other thing, and trust me this is funny, my husband told me tonight that he tried to surprise me but it didn't work out. He tried to find me a cake decorated with a drawing of a uterus that said "Farewell!" Isn't that funny!!! My husband's a real comedian sometimes. He certainly gave me a good laugh tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2006, 09:47 PM

Hi there,

That is funny! I posted on a different thread tonight about my husband. He has been hilarious too. My day is the day after yours. I hope all goes well for you. I will be thinking about you tomorrow. I was fussing at my hunny and my daughter tonight and told them that if they wanted to keep me from mouthing off for not keeping the house clean, they needed to pick up after themselves and my husband said he was going to get some duct tape when he went to the store tonight! Also, he wanted to know if he could "Git er done" since it would be at least 6 weeks! It is nice to have this laughter just hours before the surgery.
Best Wishes for tomorrow!
Praz
Unread 09-27-2006, 09:53 PM

Laughter is great medicine. When my sister was diagonoised with Breast Cancer, her daughters through the "twins" a going away party, complete with a breast shape cake! I think the good-bye uterus cake would have been funny! Good luck and nothing but great thoughts and prayers coming your way tomorrow. (With some laughter thrown in.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2006, 09:55 PM

"Git er done" ROFLOL!!! Thanks for the laugh. Humor helps me to relax and calm down. I usually get kind of witty when I get nervous so my husband and the nurses should be in for a comedy show in the morning.

Years ago I had to have surgery - kind of a vaginal reconstruction. Anyway, by that point I had seen so many doctors so many time and had so many pelvic exams that I told my family and the nurses at the hospital that if I disappeared not to put a picture of my face on a milk carton but a picture of my crotch since it felt like more people had seen it.

Good luck Friday since I won't be home before you go. I look forward to an update from you. See you on the other side!

Cyst - a boob cake, I love it!!!
Unread 09-27-2006, 10:01 PM

Oh, he also said he was going to tell the doc, to take anything he wanted but to leave the play pen alone! Sorry so crude but I thought it was funny, hee hee!
Unread 09-27-2006, 10:46 PM

You gals are to funny. I felt the same way with my crotch after I had pre-term labor in a teaching hospital. I felt everyone had come by to check my cervix. So I used to joke that they were going to send the janitor in next to check it. LOL
GOOD LUCK at the castle girls! you are in my thought and prayers.
Unread 09-28-2006, 07:59 AM

Prazz & Jazzy - best of wishes are being sent with you both. I am very much looking forward to seeing you both back on the board post-op.
Take good care of yourselves and be sure to let yourselves be pampered as you should be.
Hugs...
CindyGrinz
Unread 09-28-2006, 08:17 AM

CindyGrinz,

Thank you! You are a sweety. I am trying to think of any last minute questions or concerns that I wanted to share but my mind is blank right now...helping my daugter with her math assignments today...ugghh!!! Want to hear something funny? My kids thought that since I would be recovering, they wouldn't have to do their school work during the day (home school)! NOT...I have made out 3 weeks worth of lesson plans and have them all written out so they can work on their own on them, lol!!! I am so cruel aren't I ?!! They hate me right now. They don't like me on snow days when public school is out either because we still have it!
Thanks again everyone.
Unread 09-28-2006, 08:25 AM

Cruel - NOT AT ALL - you're just being a mother and a good one at that.
They can dislike it all they want right now but some day, as they mature, they are going to be thankful for the lessons you have given them in how to prepare, be organized, think ahead, and determination to keep going instead of making excuses to quit!
I'd say your kids are pretty dran lucky to have such a mom.
They are going to be so grateful and happy when you get back on your feet again.
Funny - the last minute questions and concerns - seems like the calm is setting in like many other board members have talked about.
Keep that calm with you and know you will be ok.
I have to fly and get some stuff done - calm has not set in for this sister yet - still nervous energy and the panic of wondering if all will get done before I go...
CindyGrinz
Unread 09-28-2006, 11:15 AM

OMG!!!

I'm going to steal your idea and make a cake with a drawing of a uterus on it with "Farewell Aunt Flo" on it for my evening out with the gals!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE IDEA!!!

Mellybug

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register