Hysterectomy POSTPONED! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy POSTPONED! Hysterectomy POSTPONED!

Unread 02-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Hysterectomy POSTPONED!

I went in on Feb 7th for my TAH. I was in my gown, hooked up to the IV, the nurse came in and said doctor wanted labs drawn. I had done them the day before at the hospital, but he wanted them drawn again. He came in half hour later and said my white count was high and he would not do my sx. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
I am rescheduled for Valentine's day (I am now on antibiotics).
I was mentally prepared, you know? I was ready. Now I have to wait another week before we try again :-(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Hysterectomy POSTPONED!

(((klosh))) - I'm sorry to hear your surgery was delayed. I can't imagine getting to that point and then having it postponed! Hope the antibiotics take care of the problem and you're set for the 14th.
Unread 02-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Hysterectomy POSTPONED!

Oh no! So sorry to hear about this. What a bummer :-(

THe good news is - now you have experienced and know what to expect for the WORST part of your surgery (at least in my opinion). Waiting for the anethesiologist to start the good drugs, when in the surgical staging area, was terrifying for me and the absolute worst. Now you have done it, and will be even more mentally ready for the 14th!

Make the most of the next 4 days. Stock up on wonderful treats to have around your house for when you get home. Go get some fabulous new bathrobe or jammies for afterwards. I got this gorgeous robe and was glad to have it for my walks around the hospital in my hideous hospital gown, lol. Anyway - take advantage of your extra time. I know it must be SO frustrating. I would be more than just a bit P.O.'d by that.

Take the opportunity to do some last minute ab strengthening and cardio work. That will make a huge difference in your recovery. I was so stressed with work that i did not take good care of myself in the days leading to the surgery and almost wished for a few more days to pamper myself. Hope you can do just that!!

take care!!
~karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Hysterectomy POSTPONED!

I'm so sorry your surgery was postponed and I know you must be very disappointed. I hope your labs are good on the 14th and you're able to have your surgery with no more delays.

Don't forget to change your hysterectomy date in your profile so you'll be included in that day's best wishes.

Hang in there and I'm sending lots of s and good thoughts!

s, Deb
Unread 02-11-2008, 06:09 AM
Hysterectomy POSTPONED!

OMG - so close yet so far ! Thankfully its only postponed a week - it could have been worse I guess.
Get well soon !!!!
Unread 02-11-2008, 07:11 AM
Hysterectomy POSTPONED!

I'm sending good wishes that the meds do the job and your surgery can proceed as scheduled.

Maybe you can use some of the extra time to perfect your princess pampering. Treat yourself to something that you really enjoy.

S
Unread 02-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Hysterectomy POSTPONED!

thank you my friends! thank you for your words of encouragement because I am so frustrated I know there is a reason for the way this is working out and I will just trust that it is going as it should. Have a wonderful day!
Unread 02-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Hysterectomy POSTPONED!

So sorry your surgery was postponed, but very glad you don't have to wait long! My doctor got the flu and cancelled mine 18 hours before surgery - I know its hard to have to wait all over again!
Wishes for a successful surgery and fast recovery for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register