getting ready to have the surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

getting ready to have the surgery getting ready to have the surgery

Unread 10-17-2003, 11:31 PM
getting ready to have the surgery

Iam 27 years old and was judt told two days ago that i should have a hysterectomy . Here is what is happening with me . I started having abdominal pain about 4 months ago and it got really bad and one day I thought my apendix burst so I went to the er and they did a MRI on me and they said it was just cyst on my ovaries nothing to worry about take aleve and I would be fine but the aleve just did not work so i went to my obgyn doc and she said that something could be wrong because I should not have that kind of pain ! (I was doubled over in pain) so she did and ultra sound and did another exam on me and found that my cyst were the size of an plum and she wanted to find out if I had endemetosis so I had surgery and she took most of my left ovary out and I had lots a little cyst on my right ovary but left it alone she wanted to see if we could get rid of theother cyst by way of medicine so she put me on antibiotics and then put me on glucaphage(these cyst by the way are polycystic ovaries ) pre diabetic. so she got me on that for three months well this past weekend I was hurting real bad and so I called and got an appt. and my cyst are still there and she thinks everything should be taken out so that nothing further could happen to me in the future and another thing my mom had a hyster. awhile back because she had pre cancerous stuff going on with her and it seems so far that I get everything she gets and I do not want to have the problems mom had so I think the best thing is to just get it done and get it over with but Iam very scared about going into early menapause! I read a book about it and it scared me to death . I just want peace of mind please if someone can give me a word of encouragement that would be wonderful!! Thank you and sorry it was so long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2003, 12:12 AM

Hi there,
I am so sorry that you are going through this but you have come to the right site. I am 32 and had a TAH six weeks ago. I was told at 21 I would need a hyst, but I was not mentally ready for that back then. Have you thought about getting a second opnion to help you make a decission.
As long as it's not life threating you have time to make the right decission for you, that is if you can handle the pain. Please come back it this site often as you will find out that these ladies here are angels. I could not have got through this without there support.
Good luck in your decission, we are behind you all the way. HUGS Kay.

Unread 10-18-2003, 07:38 AM

((( Govols )))

I agree that you should get a second or even third opinion before you decide on something as major as a hyst. Especially since you're so young. I know that you're tired of the pain and scared about pre cancer issues. But this is a very major surgery and you should research all your options.

As far as early menopause - talk to your dr about that too. There are so many options available to help with that. I'm actually doing better now on hrt than I was before my hyst last summer.

Best wishes , please keep us updated about your decisions.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2003, 08:10 AM
Hi,

I am 44 tomorrow actually, I had my LAVH and other repairs done on 9/11 and was keeping my ovaries bur had my left one removed from endometriosis, said that is what was causing me so much pain. I had no trouble deciding on having the surgery as I have a very supportive DH. I had time recovering uncomfortable but am feeling so good the last few days. See URO/GYN for 6 week check up Tuesday. Can't say I'm not nervous though. Hope things work out. I did get a 2nd opinion and was so glad I did. Love, ((((STITCHER))))
Unread 10-18-2003, 11:11 AM
THANK YOU

THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND I WILL TRY AND GET A SECOND OPINION.
Unread 10-18-2003, 04:18 PM
Hi,

I had a lot of trouble with pain and treated me for urinary infections twice which did nothing. Finally sent me to URO/GYN and I had a prolapsed uterus and when my hysterectomy and repairs were done my URO/GYN had to remove my left ovary from endometriosis and he said that was probablt causing most of my pain. I will be 6 weeks Thursday and feeling better every day. Love, ((((STITCHER))))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register