Weird Pains! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-29-2003, 08:03 AM
Weird Pains!

I know that I have seen something on this before, but I can't seem to find it now. I had a DNC on the 12th of May and will have my TAH/BSO on the 9th. I have been having pains in my lower back and in my thighs right below where my ovaries are. Not all the way down the thigh, but sort of in the bend of the legs. Is this something anyone else has every experienced? It's really odd, and I know that my silly ovaries can cause a lot of hate and discontent everywhere, but my thighs are throwing me for a loop!

I wish this surgery was over and done! I am excited for it to be done, but nervous at the same time. I went for my Pre Op on Monday and felt much better after that. Now looking at everything piling up on my desk I'm feeling crazy! What gets done gets done and the rest can sit here until I get to it after! I have to keep telling myself that or I'll go nuts. Sorry, I'm venting!

If anyone has some suggestions about what I can do about my back and thighs please let me know! I really love this website, everyone is so helpful!

Thank you for being there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2003, 08:09 AM
Weird Pains!

I get that. Right in the hip joint and pelvis. Mine started in that area and now it travels down my leg.

I use a nsaid pain reliever. Mine is RX, but Aleve does the same thing.. its just in a lower dose. Soaks in the tub help, and also staying off my feet as much as possible helps. Heating pads help on the back, but they always bothered my tummy so I dont use them in the front.

I only have 11 days to go too, we share the same surgery date.... it will be over soon for both of us!
Unread 05-29-2003, 08:37 AM
ME TOO!!!

I do get those pains.. sometimes the pain shoots a little further down on the top of the leg and sometimes not.

I would love to know what the cause is. Anyone?....

Good luck on your surgery! Your close in thoughts.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register