Increasing back pain 7 weeks out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Increasing back pain 7 weeks out Increasing back pain 7 weeks out

Unread 01-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Increasing back pain 7 weeks out

For almost a week now, I have had awful low back pain which gets worse when switching positions like going from sitting to standing or vice versa or sitting for extended periods. It reminds me of the backaches that came with my period. Advil and/or Tylenol don't help much, nor do ice or heat. I'm still spotting and having thin yellowish discharge but from what I've read here, this is probably part of the healing process.

This pain only started at week 6, and I've been up and around walking, driving, shopping, etc. since week 2.5. If it was my back muscles compensating, wouldn't this pain have happened sooner?

I should mention that my 5 wk check did not include an internal exam but I was cleared for sex (no problem there luckily for DH). Does this mean another trip to the gyn?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2007, 05:33 PM

I've noticed some pain in my sides and hips like pulled muscles the last while and also some lower back pain. I see my dr. on the 22nd and was planning to ask then if it's not gone.
Unread 01-12-2007, 07:49 PM

My lower back pain was also accompanied by a possible prolapse of the bladder, so keep this in mind. I'm in a lot of pain, and can't breathe deeply anymore. I called this morning and made an appointment for Thursday.

Don't expect to see a lot of me for a bit. I'm cheerful still, but it hurts to sit up like this. Pass the message if anyone asks, will you Andrea?

Lena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2007, 10:33 PM

I sure will, Lena! So sorry you're having difficulty. Please let me know how you are doing!
Unread 01-13-2007, 12:28 AM

Yeah Lena.....let us know what you find out. I've been with a heating pad since Wednesday AFTER I got 2 shots (one in each hip of anti-inflammatory) for what my GP thought was muscular (sp?) strain in my back. I'd like to know since I'm only a little better today if I should go to my gyno and let him have a looksy.
Unread 01-15-2007, 11:24 AM

I hope your appointment goes well Lena and that you feel better soon. I hope it's OK to ask, but how did the doctor tie in your back pain with a possible prolapsed bladder.
Unread 01-15-2007, 12:40 PM

my lavh was last thursday night-the days are gettung better but the back pain is getting worse as the minutes go by-yes, I am taking motrin and the heating pad really helps but why the back pain?I have a cakk into the doc and will let you know what he says...my fibroid had grown 2cms in 2 weeks and was over 9 cms along with other fibroids they were lucky to get it out the lavh from what they say,Ithough... worry about the kidneys

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register