Pre surgery pampering :) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre surgery pampering :) Pre surgery pampering :)

Unread 10-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Pre surgery pampering :)

Today is my birthday and I have pretty much been home bound due to pain for the last 3 weeks. My surgery is set for Tuesday... I'm so excited and terrified lol!!
My sweetie is making sure I have a spa day on Sunday... Hair and nails the works... Can you have nail polish on or do I need to go for clear polish? Silly question I know... Also I have a few piercings I don't want closing up... Any advice for that?
Good luck to all!! ❤️hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Re: Pre surgery pampering :)

Happy Birthday!!! If I remember right, your original date was suppose to be a fews days ago? And it was going to be a bummer spending your birthday in recovery, but how wonderful that you get to have a spa day! That was so very thoughtful of your hubby. I hope the pampering eases some of the pain you're going through.

As for nail polish, I thought I remember that the reason for none is to help monitor your oxygen? I don't know if clear is an option or not. As for the piercings I wonder if it's the metal that's the problem, or maybe they don't want it to get caught on anything. I'm not sure, but I'm willing to bet they'll ask you to remove it. Are they ones that if you get your jewelry back in with 8 hours that they'll close up? I know your pre op staff will ask about any jewelry you might be wearing.
Unread 10-25-2013, 04:38 PM

I've always been told no nail polish, jewelry or make up. I would think piercings would be ok after a few days.

Love the idea of a pampering day. I may need one too . Good luck Tuesday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2013, 06:15 PM

Thank you ❤️ yes, my surgery was set for the 22nd. It was pushed back a week due to insurance.
I'm viewing it as a definite chance for pampering lol!!
I think if you can you should take one day focus on you... Feel pretty and happy for all we have.
I think 8 hrs may be ok for my jewelry 😉
Hugs!
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:47 PM

Get acrylic jewelry. That's what I told my doc and he is fine with them. =]
Unread 10-25-2013, 07:24 PM

Oooo good idea 😁
Unread 10-25-2013, 07:31 PM

Pre-pampering...great ide! I may have my own pamper party the day before my procedure. I actually asked my doctor about nail polish. He said these days nail polish is really not as big of a deal as it used to be. Wearing nail polish during surgery was fine.
Unread 10-25-2013, 07:46 PM

I was told no piercings or jewelry .I have always worn my wedding band set and they put tape around it as it goes for nail polish i don't wear hand but i always get a french pedi. before time and they give me those socks to put on so they never see it.
Unread 10-26-2013, 08:53 AM

Awe thank you! I'm surprised at how much I'm looking forward to it. I love everyone's responses & hope all have time for a pre-surg-pamper day! I'm so thankful for a great partner who helps me through all of this.
It has been quite a emotional part of my life adventure... I do wish everyone well. Looking forward to recovering 💪
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:54 AM

I wasn't allowed nail polish on hands or feet. Not even clear.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register