10 days post hysterectomy: Help- pain and bleeding - UPDATED | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 days post hysterectomy: Help- pain and bleeding - UPDATED 10 days post hysterectomy: Help- pain and bleeding - UPDATED

Unread 09-11-2015, 07:55 PM
10 days post hysterectomy: Help- pain and bleeding - UPDATED

I don't know what to do. I woke up laying on my stomach and I'm not even 2 weeks post-op. I have a pain in my lower abdomen, just used the bathroom and when I wiped, I had blood. Not spotting, not heavy bleeding but still more than spotting. Any advice is great. I'm scared as I don't have much of a support system at home. Thank you so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2015, 08:10 PM
Re: Help

It's not unusual to have some bleeding the first few weeks, what color was it? Bright red might be a problem but if it's brownish or rusty colored, it's probably old blood and not harmful. If you spike a fever or soak more than a pad in an hour, you should go to Emergency.

I suggest reading some of the articles here to help you feel more informed about what is normal, and we are here for you! You aren't alone here.
Unread 09-11-2015, 08:16 PM

It's like a pink/red. I can't findan article on post-op bleeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Re: 10 days post hysterectomy: Help- pain and bleeding

Kgray2711 here is an article on Spotting vs Bleeding After Hysterectomy

Just as @ Ms. Sass said some bleeding or spotting is not unusual. Take a deep breath Sometimes it's a sign that we may be overdoing things and need to slow down, sometimes it happens as stitches or sutures dissolve or fall out and sometimes it's more. If the bleeding increases and is accompanied by severe pain or fever then you need to be seen. Try resting and see if the bleeding slows down or stops.

You can always give your doctor a call. S/he will let you know if what you are experiencing is normal for you.

Unread 09-11-2015, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgray2711 View Post
I don't know what to do. I woke up laying on my stomach and I'm not even 2 weeks post-op. I have a pain in my lower abdomen, just used the bathroom and when I wiped, I had blood. Not spotting, not heavy bleeding but still more than spotting. Any advice is great. I'm scared as I don't have much of a support system at home. Thank you so much.
I just had this happen to me at 11 days post op then again 14 days post op. Still kind of happening but a lot less bright red bleeding. No explanation was found to the reason as to why I bled. Dr. Suggested a pool of fluid behind vaginal cuff that worked its way out. I would just go get checked to be on the safe side. I ended up with 2 pelvic exams, 1 ct scan, bloodwork, urine sample and vaginal swab. You just can't be too safe. All came back normal so I'm sure what your expierencing is normal as well. Just take it easy and call your doctor with concerns. I'm back on bed rest and the bleeding has subsided some. Happy healing!
Unread 09-12-2015, 08:20 AM

Thank you so much for the advice.
Unread 09-12-2015, 08:31 AM

Thank you so much for the advice. I am trying to take it easy but I have a busy body 17 month old son who doesn't give me much of an option to bed rest. There are people here sometimes to help me but at other times when they want to go to a cookout or just go see friends or work, I'm left with the mommy duty. My doctor said nothing heavier than a gallon of milk and I feel terrible having to leave him in the crib for the majority of the day. His crib is next to my bed and I feed him bedside but having to lean over the railing to change him is a killer. I've called my doctor and he explained to me that it's normal. I have pain but I am trying to subside from taking it due to the fact of being highly constipated a couple nights ago. Never want to feel like that again lol. I come here for insight and information because between finding out I needed surgery and the surgery date, i had absolutely no time to do any kind of research. I'm 27, kept both ovaries and had a LVAH (I think that's right), everything else is gone though and I only now have a dull achy pain in my left pelvic area that goes down the leg just a little bit.
Unread 09-12-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgray2711 View Post
Bless you, this is me too. I'm post-op by 8 days. I have excruciating pain when I need to 'go'. I was so constipated after surgery that when I did manage, it was hard and painful. Since then after I eat, I get build up of wind, pain when I 'go' and I bleed a little. My bleeding is light and pink, but heavier than spotting. A nurse told me before I was discharged that as long as bleeding is not heavy and flowing, then all is OK. I was also told that over the next couple of weeks that I may find old blood coming out too. I think the abdominal pain is due to being bruised inside as apparently the surgeon 'had a good look around' to make sure everything was good before closing me up. Hope this puts your mind at ease. A x
Unread 09-12-2015, 06:58 PM

Kgray2711 and Ali26 click here It's a recovery progress report thread that has ladies that had surgery the same week as you. It's always helpful to see that you are not alone and that some may be going through the same things as you at the same time as you.

Kgray, you will get through this. One day at a time, one step at a time. It may not seem that way right now but little by little you'll get there. I know it's hard to recover with little ones but try and take care of yourself as much as you can.
This may be helpful for you also Recovering from Hysterectomy With Small Children

in there sweetie. It won't always be this way

Unread 09-13-2015, 01:28 PM
Lots of blood with clots

At emergency room and they're telling me nothing is wrong. My doctor told me I'm not supposed to be bleeding like this. This is enough to soak a pad in less than an hour and alot of large clots and they're getting ready to just send me home. What should I do? My doctor's office isn't open until tomorrow.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register