What Did The Dr Mean? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What Did The Dr Mean? What Did The Dr Mean?

Unread 02-03-2007, 03:33 PM
What Did The Dr Mean?

I had heavy bleeding ,passing blood clots for almost six weeks. I went to the dr, he has done a biopsy, an ultrasound and will be doing a sonogram soon. My question is what did he mean ,was I passing anything that looked like pieces of meat, like chicken. It sound scary. I should have asked but I was overwelmed by everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2007, 09:23 PM
What Did The Dr Mean?

s

Many times when the doctor says or asks something I don't expect, my thoughts fly through the window and I don't think to ask the right questions!

How did your follow up appointment go? Were you able to get answers to your questions then? Do you have your results yet from your tests?

I wish you the very best and hope we can offer you support and information here on the site! in there!
Unread 02-24-2007, 10:18 AM
What Did The Dr Mean?

I hade the same issues you did about 3 year's ago. I did pass alot of clot's and still am. I did pass something hat was like a chunk of meat. Almost looked like a chicken heart. (gross) but thats what it was. Was never told what it was caused from.Good Luck. I go In 2-26-06 for my procedure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2007, 11:13 PM
What Did The Dr Mean?

I have just had a pretty similar experience, but I think mine is a very extreme case. Last Wednesday I began passing strange masses that were not clots---I thought I had a prolapsed bladder or uterus!

Strangely enough, the masses began to look like meat!

In my case, the Dr. believed that I had a uterine fibroid that had lost it's blood supply and was degenerating--he did a D and C and hysterscopy (sp?) but ended up having an emergency hysterectomy
because the stuff in me was beginning to get severely infected!
The Dr. had never seen anything so severe, so my entire uterus went to pathology and I am waiting on 'exact' results, but my Dr. does believe that it was a 'dead fibroid'

I am still in a bit of shock, and don't want to scare anyone, but it is a personal experience--I think more than anything your doc. is covering all his bases, and making sure you are not in serious trouble (like infection)

take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register