3 weeks post-op & feeling almost normal | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post-op & feeling almost normal 3 weeks post-op & feeling almost normal

Unread 08-25-2010, 11:15 AM
3 weeks post-op & feeling almost normal

To God be the Glory, Amen! My spirit is singing joyful songs unto the Lord because He brought me thru my surgery with no problems, complications, or time delays. I've been blessed to have been able to keep one of my ovaries and my cervix, so hopefully i can keep those menopausal syptoms at bay(so far i have'nt had any), as for the surgery itself, i was cut from my belly button down and was sewn back up very neatly i must say wih staples. So far i've had very little itching as i'm healing and i've been wearing a binder i asked for while in the hospital when i go out , it's helped. The staples were taken out a week after the sugery, replaced by some type of tape that i'm to leave on until my next checkup, but i'm suppsed to try to keep it dry until then, which has been somewhat difficult, but my dr said if the tape does detach it's okay. Thank God for good drugs,cuz i've been on pericet since i've been home, now though i have'nt needed it for a couple of days, so far. What else,oh, gas can be a problem, depending on what i'm eating, but not for long, and i take a laxitive every day to help my bowels move, and so far i have'nt had any pain there either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Re: 3 weeks post-op & feeling almost normal

thick&luvly - that is terrific news! Did the hospital supply you with the binder? I now have the steri strips you have and when i shower I can get them wet I just can't wash them and my doctor recommends using a hair dryer on the area to preserve the strips as long as possible.

Elaine
Unread 08-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Re: 3 weeks post-op & feeling almost normal

Bron 13 ,Yes i was told by my pre- op nurse to ask for one and they are suppose to supply you with one, so i did, and brought it home with me, custom fit it by cutting away the extra material and now i wrap it just around my lower pelvic area where i most need the support. it's been a blessing when i've been out for a little while.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register