"Trouble Holding Urine, 5 weeks post op" | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"Trouble Holding Urine, 5 weeks post  op" "Trouble Holding Urine, 5 weeks post op"

Unread 12-25-2010, 08:46 PM
"Trouble Holding Urine, 5 weeks post op"

Hello My Sisters,

I had a TAH on Nov. 17th, and am 5 1/2 weeks post op. I still have a pretty big swelly belly, but am also having a problem holding my urine. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I could hold it a long time pre-surgery, but if I don' t head toward the bathroom as soon as I feel the urge now, I almost pee on myself!!! Is this temporary? Will it improve as I continue to recover? I have my 6-week checkup appointment on the 28th, but was just wondering if I'm the only one with this issue!!

I'm alittle concerned, because I go back to work on the 3rd! I'm going to look ridiculous running through the hallways trying to make sure I get to the bathroom on time!

Sincerely --
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2010, 02:41 AM
Re: "Trouble Holding Urine, 5 weeks post op"

i am only two days ahead of you and i have the same problem. and i am peeing like a mad woman. it seems like as soon as i drink i gata pee. presurgery i went maybe 3-4 times a day now im going atleast 10 times a day. its frustrating and i know i dont have infection. good luck!!
Unread 12-27-2010, 05:06 AM
Re: "Trouble Holding Urine, 5 weeks post op"

I had my TAH the same time frame as you ladies. I had a few problems with my bladder, but I seem to have overcome that obstacle. Unless they knicked your bladder and its healing, or its just not sitting right, I'd call the doctor or even a urologist and ask questions.

After my 4 week clearance of no infection, my surgeon/OB told me if I still had problems post op, I was to see the appropriate doctor.

He told me my swelly belly was just gastrointestinal, and not surgically related to a hyster. He said if I had trouble with my bladder, to see a urologist, there was nothing he could further do for me except hormones if the flashes did not stop.

The only thing I have now is that weird pressure when I pee, like my bladder isn't in the same place it was pre op. Which makes sense because I read the bladder leans up against the uterus--so maybe I just have to get used to this?

The constant peeing though that shouldn't happen, you should call your regular MD and see if it is something else, medicine related or something.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register