One week post hysterectomy: So much pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One week post hysterectomy: So much pain One week post hysterectomy: So much pain

Unread 11-26-2014, 06:45 PM
One week post hysterectomy: So much pain

Hello new here. I had my partial hysterectomy and a vaginal wall repair front and back on thur the 20th and have nothing but problems. Woke up with cath and they said it had to stay 24 hrs. Took it out next day and was suppose to go home but could not urinate. They gave me Til 12 and nothing so they straight cathed me then gave me Til 6pm by 5pm I was screaming for them to cath me and all they said was we've tried your dr 3x and haven't heard from her. I said I didn't care cath me now or you are gonna have some major issues. They cathed me and got out over a liter!!! I was mad. They put the foley in and I stayed another night just to fail all the next day. So they sent me home with a foley bag. Monday I couldn't take the foley anymore was in so much pain from it that I had a nurse come and take it out and she stayed the night with me just in case I got into trouble. I was able to go going every hour and putting out 100-150cc each time but the pain is unbearable. I literally start shaking from it. went to urologist yesterday was told probably had Uti and started abx yesterday. Last night my tongue was hurting and my husband looked and j have thrush now!!! So I am on Valium, cardura (to help relax urethra tube) cipro, pyridium (which is not helping at all so I am thinking the pain is in the vaginal wall not the bladder/urethra) and diflucan and senna. Anyone else have horrible horrible pain urinated and passing stool?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2014, 07:18 PM
Re: So much pain

I had my hysterectomy on November 18, 2014. After 3 IV bags was dehydrated in the hospital. Dehydration issue was fixed but was discharged after two days and when I tried to urinate overnight urine had a loud smell and was uncomfortable down there. Called my doctor first thing in the morning. My husband had to bring me to the office found out I had a UTI! I am taking Levaquin. I am better now but I have been experiencing extremely painful gas pains in my abdomen. I can't wait to feel normal again.
Unread 11-26-2014, 07:28 PM
Re: So much pain

I keep hoping that I will be glad when I get past this point and that it will b worth it. Dr said all the nurses gasped when my uterus came out. She said I took the cake for having the largest uterus to come out in one piece. Normal weighs 70g mine was 340g

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register