2 more periods to go!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 more periods to go!! 2 more periods to go!!

Unread 07-15-2005, 07:10 PM
2 more periods to go!!

Only two more periods and bye bye Aunt flo forever. Bye Bye Pain, Bye Bye heavy bleeding, Bye bye Endo, horrible cramps and painfull intercorse!! I cant wait.

The recovery itself has me a bit nervous but thats it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2005, 10:48 PM
2 more periods to go!!

Hi Tasha,

I understand how you are feeling. I didn't plan to have a hysterectomy, but after non-stop bleeding for so long, it was nice to be rid of that part. I wish you the best with your surgery and recovery!

s

Deb
Unread 07-18-2005, 07:36 PM
2 more periods to go!!

Hello Tasha,
I just had to reply when I read your message. I am "counting down" my periods too!! Isn't it a strange feeling? When I didn't know that I would go through something like this, I would have been delighted to say that I am never going to have a period again. But now that it is a reality, it is just so weird. I will be glad when it is all over, and also out of pain etc., but can't quite get my head around the concept of never going through the monthly thing again. My op is scheduled for August 23rd, and I'm doing everything in my power to stay healthy so that there is no chance of a postponement. That would upset me no end. I am also nervous about the recovery, however feel reassured from all the posts I've read that I will be o.k. Good luck with your op.

J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2005, 07:39 PM
2 more periods to go!!

I rejoiced on sunday when I started my FINAL peroid. It is a strage feeling, but what a great side effect of a major surgery.
Unread 07-18-2005, 10:36 PM
2 more periods to go!!

Ladies, its so nice not to have a period anymore. That alone is totally worth all the pain after surgery.
This surgery is not easy, for the most part after the first few weeks you will notice a huge difference in how you feel with no more periods. The first few weeks were the hardest pain wise but really to me worth it, and they go by fast. I had less pain from the surgery than i did from my constant cramps.
Make sure you have some stool softner on hand for after surgery and take it regular, thats where the worst of the pain came from after surgery. getting your bowels to work and keeping them regular is difficult for some.
im 8 weeks out and i am still having trouble getting my mind around the fact that i dont have periods, it seems so strange, but its a GOOD strange. lol
Good luck ladies, I hope you have uneventful surgeries and recoveries, Remember, do nothing but rest and take short walks and you will recover faster.
oh yeah, if you are on your period when you go for surgery, they still do the surgery and when you wake up aunt flo will of been evicted..... that happened to me, was strange to wake up and have only slight spotting from the surgery for a couple days.
Unread 07-18-2005, 10:40 PM
2 more periods to go!!

Hey Tasha,
Like you I've only got 2 more periods, too! I'm scheduled for the day after you - 8/24. Also like you, I am kinda nervous about the whole recovery thing, too. Got a question; will they do the surgery if you happen to be on your period at that time? Because, if my period starts like it's suppose to, this is a BIG possibility for me.
Unread 07-18-2005, 11:39 PM
2 more periods to go!!

It doesn't matter if you have your period or not. They can do it anytime. I chose not to have it done at that time.
Unread 07-19-2005, 02:49 AM
2 more periods to go!!

Isn't it the funniest feeling counting down how many periods to go, I am also doing the same and have one more due the week before I go in (9th August). Every period is sort of like a milestone, one step closer to the big day Wishing you all the best and happy counting.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register