Anyone else have a DH who is being a "jackelope"??? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else have a DH who is being a "jackelope"??? Anyone else have a DH who is being a "jackelope"???

Unread 11-28-2009, 07:38 AM
Re: Anyone else have a DH who is being a "jackelope"???

When it rains it pours. I Hope you stayed home and pampered yourself. Your Husband will get over it. They are like little boys when they don't get there way. Like the rest said, you only get one chance to heal and giving the situation with your fall, and the MRI that is needed you are in a different situation now. You now have to heal from surg and be stressed about a pending MRI? ! Hang in there. (((hugs)))) and prayers for you. Keep us posted and be strong and POSITVE.
Patty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2009, 03:17 PM

Still in the land of no internet access...we were going to drive home today, but looks like it will be tomorrow morning. I have been refusing to do anything other than breathing in and out...funny thing is, I have actually felt worse yesterday and today in spite of all the rest. I am running a low grade fever and still not very hungry, still very tender...and the hot flashes are killing me! I sure hope the remaining ovary decides to come off its sabbatical!
Unread 11-28-2009, 07:14 PM

Jennelaw,

Glad to hear you are taking it easy. Sounds like you maximized your situation as much as possible!

I've been doing the low grade fevers too - at night for almost 2 weeks. And incision pain and hot to the touch... my mother (nurse's aid) thinks 1 of 5 incisions is herniated but at my weekly trips to GYN, all they have is reassurances. (the incision thing is new since last visit)

Feel well and keep resting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennelaw View Post
Still in the land of no internet access...we were going to drive home today, but looks like it will be tomorrow morning. I have been refusing to do anything other than breathing in and out...funny thing is, I have actually felt worse yesterday and today in spite of all the rest. I am running a low grade fever and still not very hungry, still very tender...and the hot flashes are killing me! I sure hope the remaining ovary decides to come off its sabbatical!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2009, 07:22 PM

Going to call the dr on Monday and request a check on one of the incisions...it is oozing a bit and has a huge lump underneath. I caved and took some of the heavy duty pain meds and it helped a lot. I am not feeling quite as emotional and psychotic at the moment. Lol. And, the nice cold weather is great for the hot flashes...I just sit outside until I cool off. Dr had said I could probably go back to work after this week...I am thinking not a snowball's chance in hell!
Unread 11-30-2009, 06:17 PM

Jenne -

What did the doctor say?

I hope you are well.

Take care,

Unread 11-30-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennelaw View Post
Going to call the dr on Monday and request a check on one of the incisions...it is oozing a bit and has a huge lump underneath. I caved and took some of the heavy duty pain meds and it helped a lot. I am not feeling quite as emotional and psychotic at the moment. Lol. And, the nice cold weather is great for the hot flashes...I just sit outside until I cool off. Dr had said I could probably go back to work after this week...I am thinking not a snowball's chance in hell!
If you need to get your leave extended, get a second opinion or see your family doc. That timeframe to go back to work is ridiculous.

hang in there,

Unread 12-01-2009, 09:48 AM

Getting ready to call the doctor. I slept ALL day yesterday when we got home. I just woke up. I am exhausted.

I am absolutely not going back to work next week. Part of the rush was my own...we have quite a bit of court coming up and I hate dumping all my cases on the other two guys in the office. However, I can't manage to stay awake more than a few hours at a time, much less actually leave the house. I know the doctor will approve more time off. Still hoping to be back after three weeks, but my body has finally convinced me that I'm not superwoman.

Will let you know what the Dr. says!
Unread 12-01-2009, 12:20 PM

Seriously??? Nurse called me back and told her having UTI symptoms...her response, I'll call you in an antibiotic. Thought my follow-up was at end of the week, it is actually tomorrow a.m. Suggested that we could just wait until they could actually do a UA and make sure I actually need the prescription. She acted put out that I didn't want her to go ahead and call something in. Kind of like the "well, you must not be in that much discomfort if you don't want to just go ahead and get some meds".

Ugh! At least tomorrow I will finally get some answers. (Like, which ovary is still in place, etc.) I am really not happy with this whole experience...think I may switch my dr. when this is over with!
Unread 12-01-2009, 07:52 PM

Hi, just joined this site so my reply is late but hopefully will help someone in the future. My doctor told me NO car driving OR riding until after my two week check-in. NONE in any way shape or form. Day four or five? I would have barfed on anyone trying to place me in a car. Stand strong - you do not belong in a car this early in the game.
Unread 12-01-2009, 09:22 PM

You know, I asked my dr. at my pre-op appointment if I could make the trip. I fully expected she would look at me like I was crazy and give me a big fat "NO"! However, her response was that she didn't see any problem with it as long as I felt like going. Of course, looking at it in retrospect, this is the same dr. that had another dr. do all my post surgery visits and hospital discharge...and still don't know exactly which ovary they took (maybe not any???) and how much scar tissue had to be removed. I am hoping to get some concrete answers tomorrow at my 2 week check-up. We are very limited in our medical options in our small town and I have always been pleased with my care at this office. However, the overall experience has been very unpleasant!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register