Scheduled LAVH Upcoming hysterectomy Dec 2 2015 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy Dec 2 2015 Upcoming hysterectomy Dec 2 2015

Unread 11-18-2015, 09:37 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy Dec 2 2015

I've had all night to process this seemingly sudden news so I'm not in shock as much. I don't know if I'm going to be ok, I know I'm ok with that though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2015, 11:11 AM
Re: Dec 2 2015

I'd be happy to chat with you. My surgery wasn't nearly as bad as I had feared. We can communicate here.
Unread 11-18-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi16 View Post
I'd be happy to chat with you. We can communicate here.
Thank you for your reply, I'd like to chat so let's talk here if you still would like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2015, 11:49 AM

We can talk here.
Unread 11-18-2015, 01:32 PM

... I'm having my LAVH on Nov 30.
Unread 11-19-2015, 12:03 AM

Hi. I had my LAVH on 11/11. Doc took everything but my right ovary. I'm happy to chat with you or answer any questions I can. My recovery has been easy. No pains meds since I was released from the hospital. I would recommend talking a stool softener ASAP with your doc's approval as surgery and pain meds can slow your system down quite a bit. I had a lot of gas but that's to be expected.

I feel so much better than I did prior to surgery. I suffered so with my periods.
Unread 11-19-2015, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillawoman2 View Post
I've had all night to process this seemingly sudden news so I'm not in shock as much. I don't know if I'm going to be ok, I know I'm ok with that though.
I am scheduled for surgery on December 3rd! I'd love to have a buddy to go through this with!

They're taking everything for certain except ovaries at this point. I won't know until I wake up in recovery whether or not I will have 2 ovaries, 1 ovary, or no ovaries. It depends on what she sees once she gets in there.
Unread 11-27-2015, 04:33 PM

I, too, am having my surgery and guess I should have a buddy! Mine is December 3rd. We can be buddies together!
Unread 11-27-2015, 07:24 PM

I have mine on Dec 3rd also. As of right now they are going to take the uterus but the doctor said I can keep my ovaries as long as they are okay and are functioning. I think my fear is trying to overtake me but reading the threads on here has really worked.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by JessSee View Post
I am scheduled for surgery on December 3rd! I'd love to have a buddy to go through this with!

They're taking everything for certain except ovaries at this point. I won't know until I wake up in recovery whether or not I will have 2 ovaries, 1 ovary, or no ovaries. It depends on what she sees once she gets in there.
Unread 11-28-2015, 04:35 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy Dec 2 2015

(((Ladies)))

You can find those members having surgery on the same day as yourself by using the Calendar link on the right of every page under "Today's Events".

Following surgery, in the Post-Op Sub-Forum, there will be a dedicated Recovery Progress Report thread for all those who share your surgery week. Please be sure to ask any questions in the Main Post-Op Support Forum, however, as often the best input will come from those who have already been through the recovery process. “Been there, done that!”

In case you've missed it, please check out the website owner's guideline sticky regarding date clubs posted at the top of this forum (immediately above the members' threads) or click here.

Also, please take a moment to add the surgery dates to your profiles as many different support features are triggered by this and we wouldn't want you to continue to miss out! You can do that by visiting your user control panels or clicking "Profile - Hyst Date" in the blue bar at the bottom of your screens. (Remember to then scroll down and “save changes”).

We’re sending best wishes for your surgeries and recoveries!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register