5+ weeks post hysterectomy: Spotting after plane ride! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5+ weeks post hysterectomy: Spotting after plane ride! 5+ weeks post hysterectomy: Spotting after plane ride!

Unread 07-16-2016, 02:57 PM
5+ weeks post hysterectomy: Spotting after plane ride!

I am over 5 weeks post op. I had very little bleeding after surgery. There was a little spotting after my 4 week exam but then none. Just left for vacation this morning. After getting off plane, I'm seeing pink when I wipe. I'm stressed! Could it just be the plane ride for some reason!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2016, 03:43 PM
Re: Spotting after plane ride!

I know aeroplane cabins are pressurised, but maybe blood vessels expand when flying? Or did you perhaps carry a heavy suitcase at some point?

Most likely this will stop if you just rest for a day or so.

Unread 07-16-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethUK View Post
I know aeroplane cabins are pressurised, but maybe blood vessels expand when flying? Or did you perhaps carry a heavy suitcase at some point?

Most likely this will stop if you just rest for a day or so.

That's the first thing I thought of, pressure changes. Although the cabins are pressurized, it's not possible to pressurize them to ground level pressure. The pressure in the plane at altitude is less than what you're used to.

You've probably noticed a couple of signs of this. If you loosen your shoe laces at the start of a long flight, then when you go to do them up before you land, you'll find that your feet have swelled due to the lower cabin pressure.

You may also notice changes in your inner ears during takeoff or landing. You may have to yawn or chew gum to help your ears adjust. Infants invariably howl during landings - the pressure buildup hurts and of course they don't know what's causing it.

If it's just a bit of spotting, I'd suggest not worrying about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2016, 04:37 PM

Books! Mercifully, seeing a bit of pink when you wipe is nothing to stress about. There's an article on the site about spotting vs. bleeding where spotting is described as "often pinker in color and leaves only spots on your pad or toilet tissue...a panty liner should be sufficient." Could be a new or extended activity like pulling a suitcase, maybe you stood more than you're used to, or you had to stand or turn awkwardly when getting to your seat or leaving. General guideline is if you're soaking a pad in an hour, call your doc.

If you have a chance to rest, do so. While you're resting, here's a link to the article : Spotting vs. Bleeding
Unread 07-16-2016, 04:47 PM
5+ weeks post hysterectomy: Spotting after plane ride!

Thanks! I am already feeling a little better and it seems to be gone. I was just stressing because I was afraid I'd be stuck in hotel during my vacation!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register