Newbie.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-02-2004, 02:46 PM
Newbie..

Hello my name is Linda I'm 28...I have recently been told that I will have to have a hysterctomy in Aug because of reoccuring cysts and abnormal heavy bleeding. I've so far had to of the uterine alblation(sp) twice with no relief from the bleeding. I guess I'm ok with the decison just a little scared that things will be diffent for me somehow. I'm glad that I found this site so far it's been very informative for me! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2004, 02:46 PM
Newbie..

Hello my name is Linda I'm 28...I have recently been told that I will have to have a hysterctomy in Aug because of reoccuring cysts and abnormal heavy bleeding. I've so far had to of the uterine alblation(sp) twice with no relief from the bleeding. I guess I'm ok with the decison just a little scared that things will be diffent for me somehow. I'm glad that I found this site so far it's been very informative for me! Thanks!
Unread 07-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Newbie..

Lynne!

Thanks for introducing yourself! You'll find lots of support and help in the pre-op section of the site. There you will meet women like you...who are scheduled for surgery.

Be sure and add your surgery date to your profile (click profile above and fill in your surgery date in the place for it) when you know it so that others can find you listed on the date of your surgery in our hystersisters calendar.

I hope you enjoy your membership at hystersisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2004, 07:53 AM
hello Linda

Hi Linda,
wow your only 28 thats really ashame your so young, I'm 42 and had a hytster and it ws a hard decision for me because I all of a sudden felt omg I will never have anymore kids, this is it. Do you have children yet, make sure your done having kids before you do this. I was on lupron depo before my hyster and then was put back on after, STAY AWAY FROM THAT SHOT IT IS HORRIBLE. It's real hard when you have such bad periods like that, my sister had bad ones before hers, she had everything taken out and is still bleeding, I guess because they took the cervex out they just found a hematoma in her stomach from surgery and I think it has alot to do with the doctor she had a uncaring man. I would never go to a male doctor for this because they don't have a clue what your feeling inside. I know you will do just fine and keep us posted on how you do once you get home, it is normal to have lot of different feeling so don't feel bad because you'll go thrue this before, your ok not crazy. Good luck and welcome to the family.
God bless you, Pam
Unread 07-03-2004, 08:04 AM
Newbie..

I have 3 children and had a tubal last year along with the utrine alblation. I also just recently developed an abdominal hematoma from a laprascope procedure...I go on July 20 and he will give me a surgery date..Thank you all for welcoming me
Unread 07-03-2004, 08:08 AM
Newbie..

Hi there, I'm so glad you have us to talk to, this is the best support group you could possibly have, they put my sister on antibiotics for her hematoma did they put you on some. My sister is scared to death about it. God Bless Pam
Unread 07-03-2004, 08:18 AM
Newbie..

No, no atibiotics. I had my surgery on a wed. by fri I was readmitted to the hosp for 4 days because of active bleeding in my belly. The pain from that was unreal!!! All they pretty much told me is that there is nothing they can do for them till the body absorbs it and pain med to control the discomfort. Mine have shrunken to 2cm from 8cm and 9cm. That is the reason for them putting off my hyst till sometime in Aug. I just dread the fact that I could have one more period before then. The one I just had put me in bed for almost 2 weeks :0(

I am very glad I found you ladies. I never realized till they told me that I would have them that there were so many women having the same problems and feelings. Thank you ladies so much for being here!
Unread 07-03-2004, 08:26 AM
I'm so glad we're here for you

My sister's is about the size of a baseballand they sent her home and told her the antibiotics should decrease it's size and it may rupture not to be worried, she has been in such bad pain from it.I thought they should have admitted her too. I will have to let your know your story I'm sure she will get back with you about this, it's been really hard on her. When she went to her doctor on thur they told her it was a bladder and kidney infection and sent her home she ended up back the next day in alot more pain and rushed her in for a mri andfouind it. I'll talkto her and let her read whast you sent me . Thankyou so much for info and I hope your surgery goes very well you'll be in our prayers, write soon. god bless Pam
Unread 07-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Newbie..

I will keep your sister in my thoughts and prayers. The hematomas are such horrible painful things. I hope she heals quick. I don't know if they told her or not but heat works wonders for the pain. I sat for weeks and weeks with my heating pad on my belly.
Unread 07-03-2004, 08:37 AM
thank you

Iwill let her know, she's already using the heating pad, she burned her boob this week using it, I will tell her and good luck to you too, where do you live? We live in Michigan
thanks alot

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register