I Am Freeking Out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Am Freeking Out I Am Freeking Out

Unread 04-08-2008, 08:46 PM
I Am Freeking Out

I am new to hystersisters and I am freeking out and driving my husband nuts I already have three kids and do not want more but the thought of not being able to have more has made me really depressed and knowbody around me understands I feel like I will be an it after its done has anyone else felt like that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 08:49 PM
I Am Freeking Out

Can I make a request? You capitalize the first letter of each word in your posts.....it makes them a bit difficult (hard on the eyes) to read.
Unread 04-08-2008, 08:52 PM
I Am Freeking Out

Sorry!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 09:05 PM
I Am Freeking Out

I am new too. 3 kids, I am 35 years old and my husband even had a vasectomy last summer! Also, I had an endometrial ablation done in January. So my days of bearing children are long gone. But the hyster seems so much more final. I think it is because we aren't in control anymore. But, guess what? We are. We are so lucky to have 3 great kids (and can you imagine putting 3, let alone 4 through college later???). We have made a new choice. We will NEVER have another period! How great is that?

Hang in there. Its probably normal to feel sad from time to time. I do too. But, in all seriousness, ask yourself, if I could get pregnant tomm. would I??? If your answer is yes, then you should talk to your doctor! Are you on hormones right now that might be messing with your mind?
Unread 04-08-2008, 09:16 PM
I Am Freeking Out

im am 26 with great kids (6,5 and 9m) no hormones, but it all came on all the sudden i have had 2 weeks to prepair and cant find time to get it all done and noway do i want anymore kids i love them but 3 is enuff

thanks for the support
Unread 04-08-2008, 11:51 PM
I Am Freeking Out

Hi,

Yeah my husband too thought I was nuts. I too have 3 kids (9,10 & 16) and do not plan to have more. And my husband also had a vasectomy almost 9 yrs ago, so the decision to not have more kids isn't something we just decided. But I felt lost and upset that there will be no more babies. I know I am blessed with my 3 children but the permancy of it really shook me. So I can understand what you are feeling. I wish you the best of luck coming to terms with it. I am not sure if I have yet or just put in the box to deal with later.

How funny I just realized I have the same surgery date.
Unread 04-09-2008, 03:12 AM
I Am Freeking Out

Hi. I had just over a month to prepare and I felt it was very sudden and hard to process. I am in my mid-40s dont want more kids (have 2). But the suddeness and urgency of the decision because of my particular situation did make it difficult to process. No wonder you are finding it hard when you are still so young. Can you consider post-poning the surgery? There really is a lot to do to prepare yourself and others around you especially when you have young kids. If the medical reasons aren't urgent consider a post-poning so you can it all up well and feel more in control of your situation. Hope whatever path you take it all goes well for you.

Cheers Alison
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:03 PM
I Am Freeking Out

Hi,

I'm kind of sad about losing the ability to have kids, too, even though I had chosen not to have them earlier in life (bad marriage, didn't want to bring kids into it). When I remarried, my second husband had kids and we discussed it and decided that it was really a bit late in life to start the whole diaper routine all over again. It's strange, but even though I don't have my own kids - out of choice - I think it's the loss of the "choice" that's got me sad.

However, it's amazing how life finds a way to go on. In the midst of all this (my TAH/BSO is part of my treatment for Ovarian cancer), I find myself joyful and somewhat awed that I'm going to be a grandma again (twice) later this year. So although the children won't be mine (born of my body), there will still be new life around me.
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:42 PM
I Am Freeking Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGrubbs
I find myself joyful and somewhat awed that I'm going to be a grandma again (twice) later this year. So although the children won't be mine (born of my body), there will still be new life around me.
Hey MGrubbs,

What a brilliant, ever so refreshing attitude you have ... CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:53 PM
I Am Freeking Out

I am absolutely freaking out too! My doctor has been telling me since November that I need a hysterectomy, but I keep putting it off.

My husband has been out of town and it was another one of those periods where I couldn't stop bleeding and had to get a D&C. The doc said I can't wait anymore and my LSH is schedule for Monday 4/21. It's been very emotional anyway, but it's been such a tough week making these decisions and plans with my husband away.

He comes home tomorrow and I hope I can seek some comfort from him in this step for surgery.

I feel sick I am so nervous for this surgery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register