Scheduled TVH Surgery tomorrow morning.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery tomorrow morning.. Surgery tomorrow morning..

Unread 02-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Surgery tomorrow morning..

Ladies,

I hope to only miss up to two weeks from work. I can remember bouncing back fairly quicky after my 2nd and 3rd babies - so - feeling optimistic. Or, am I being really stupid? :-/ (TVH)

thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Re: Surgery tomorrow morning..

I bounced back after both my pregnancies as well, but this is not the same. Both my pregnancies were vaginal births, so i really had nothing to compare this to Try not to compare the two and do what is right for you now. If you are able, take as much time as you can to rest and recover before bouncing back to work. But, if your doctor, clears you to go back in two weeks, take it slow, listen to your body and things should be fine. best wishes for tomorrow!
Unread 02-02-2012, 05:43 PM

There is absolutely No Way I could have gone back to work after my Vaginal Hyst in just two weeks. I know we all heal differently, and I am no woose, but I could barely just sit at two weeks. I also had repair work done, so I am sure that added to the issues. Did you have C-sections with your babies? Remember, you only get one chance to heal well, so maybe you should keep all your options open just in case. Best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2012, 05:49 PM

I was clear to go back to work two weeks after my DaVinci operation but I opt. to stay out to the Feb 1st. I have been back to work for the pasted two days and I am tired from it. It is only 3 hr a day I work. Next week it will be 5 hrs a day.
Unread 02-02-2012, 05:49 PM

I'm afraid you may be way too optimistic. There was no way I could return to work at 2 weeks after my TVH. I returned to my desk job at 8 weeks (and only part time) and could barely manage it. At two weeks I was still in bed most of the day, troubles sitting for more than 1/2 an hour and napping several times a day.
Unread 02-02-2012, 06:23 PM

There have been a couple people who went back that quick. As I recall the posts most that went back to work after 1-2 weeks were small business owners. So is it possible - yes. Is it often - I don't think so. But in the end you will have to see how quickly your body responds. The best phrase is you only have one shot at recovery - so make sure you listen to your body as you are recovering regardless of your target dates.

Best Wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register