Dream come true | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dream come true Dream come true

Unread 02-19-2012, 04:29 AM
Dream come true

Anyone else wake up and it takes a minute to realize u just had a hysterectomy? I am 3 weeks post tomorrow and feel like a new women! Never again will I deal with the month long pain and never ending periods again! Sometimes I just feel so happy about it. I figured if anyone understands this its my sisters here who have been through it! ok I'm done. Just had to share!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2012, 04:35 AM
Re: Dream come true

I know!! I'm almost two weeks out, and when I get out of bed in the morning I feel completely normal! Later in the day is when I start to get a little achy and tired and sore, but nothing intolerable. I had TAH-BSO, so now I'm dealing with night sweats and hot flashes ALL THE TIME, which is annoying, but otherwise feeling great!
Unread 02-19-2012, 04:40 AM

Yay! I knew my sisters would understand! I also had a total hyst losing the ovaries but so far the hotflashes haven't been too bad. So far anyway!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2012, 04:46 AM

i had a total hyst leaving ovaries 16 days ago with da vinchi.When they took my catheta out i got up and did a couple of laps of the ward the pain just vanished,knowing i no longer have to survive on a bag full of meds a day is incredible i never thouht that i would feel this good.Looking forward to being fully healed and getting my life back, have spent 10 years housebound.hope your recovery`s continue to give you the life you deserve.
Unread 02-19-2012, 04:48 AM

I'm right there with you! Can leave the house without packing a suitcase of pads & tampons! Sit on someones off white sofa without fear of springing a leak all over it! Oh the joy of wearing white this summer!
I'm only 9 days post-op TAH and still less tired than I was before, Dr. says it's because I now have blood in my body.
Been taking Estroven PM & it's greatly lessened my night sweats.
Seems like an new life.
Unread 02-19-2012, 06:24 AM

im not quite there yet am 5 weeks, had a setback but cant wait to say the same!! Xxx
Unread 02-19-2012, 09:47 AM

I'm 1 week tomorrow! I got a baby shower invite and I thought oh I must check calendar to see if I will be on my period. LOL my brain didn't get the memo yet that my uterus is gone
Unread 02-19-2012, 10:38 AM

The best part for me was my endo pain, scar tissue pain, ovary pain for the last 18 years is gone!!!! That in itself is amazing. Then I think no more periods! The $3,000 in savings for the next 10-15 years before natural menopause. Makes me feel so lucky!

Now to end the post op symptoms and I'm ready for my new pain free, period free life!
Unread 02-19-2012, 12:56 PM

I'm 4.5 months out and stil can't believe I don't have to schedule my life around my evil period. I feel GREAT!!!! Even though I KNOW I will never have a period again, it just doesn't seem real. I honestly expect to see blood every time I am in the bathroom and I've yet to be able to throw out/give away my stock pile of tampons and pads. I do know that I'm so happy with me now, it's truly amazing.....
Unread 02-19-2012, 02:05 PM

I'm just really glad I don't have to wear pads or tampons any more!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register