8 weeks tomorrow. Frustrated | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 weeks tomorrow. Frustrated 8 weeks tomorrow. Frustrated

Unread 12-30-2013, 06:21 PM
8 weeks tomorrow. Frustrated

I am eight weeks post op tomorrow, and still have a very swollen tummy.
Feeling sad and frustrated. Is there a light at the end of this particular tunnel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2013, 06:26 PM
Re: 8 weeks tomorrow. Frustrated

Also having some bladder pain that is similar to post bladder sling op five years ago.
Feel as though bladder is retaining urine?????
Unread 12-30-2013, 06:54 PM

I am right at four weeks, yesterday I saw a beautiful light at the end of the tunnel. Today I know it was a train. I did not over do it. I rested all day yesterday so now why do I feel like I am back in week one? I think our bodies just do what they want. I can't figure out out. Lots of love girlie. I am sure we will make it...eventually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2013, 06:58 PM

Hmmm. Tink maybe I wasn't the right person to respond to your post. Super sorry for not being more positive. Give yourself a little time. You just did battle with your body. It will heal and be amazing soon.
Unread 12-30-2013, 07:30 PM

Today is the beginning of my sixth week. I felt so good on Saturday that I totally forgot about my weight lifting restrictions and gave my 11 year old granddaughter a big hug and then lifted her off her feet like I used to do....before surgery. I had pains the next day on my right side and was so worried that I had caused an adhesion. Some days I feel great...then I tend to overdo and am back feelinging the cramping and pulling. Today I went out and played cards for about 3 and a half hours but when everyone asked me to go to dinner afterwards I decided not to push it and came home and rested. Even though I might look good on the outside to others, I know that I shouldn't push myself too far or I'll pay the price. I have always been so active and used to lifting bags of mulch and furniture and children but now I realize I can no longer do that...and from what I have read should probably NEVER do that kind of lifting again in the future. I am 67 years old. I think even 8 weeks is still a time when setbacks are possible from what I have heard. I agree with you that it is so frustrating because we feel so much better than we did the first several weeks but still we are not progressing as fast as we'd like. My doctor says it takes 6 months before we feel good and some say a year till we're totally healed. My muscle tone is disintegrating and I'm sick of TV...not much worthwhile there most of the day...so I'm trying to find good books to read. I believe we have to be patient...keep coming here for encouragement...that's what I plan to do. I'm glad you posted your frustration as it gave me an opportunity to vent too and maybe that has helped you a little...I hope so.
Unread 12-30-2013, 07:48 PM

There's a light at the end of the tunnel but it may take a little while. Swelly belly is probably one of the frustrating parts of recovery. I know for me whenever it seemed that I pushed myself too far it would swell. I'd start off okay in the mornings and by the evening I would swell up. Especially when I exercised. I had to be mindful to listen to my body. I know that it can be frustrating, but it can take up to a year for you to get to 100%. Be patient, know that you are still healing, so push your body when it lets you and rest it when it tells you to. You will get there.

(((Hugs)))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register