4 Days Pre-op and scared silly | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 Days Pre-op and scared silly 4 Days Pre-op and scared silly

Unread 11-28-2005, 11:34 AM
4 Days Pre-op and scared silly

Has anyone ever been discharged from the castle the next day?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2005, 11:46 AM

Hi lynnieloutoo

I was discharged from the castle the day after surgery. I was lucky enough to pass all the "tests" - pass gas, keep down food, walk, good vitals..... My DH was also home to make sure I could be the good little and get lots of rest. Moving around was slow but you've got plenty of time when you're healing.

Take deep breaths, visualize a successful surgery and know that we all hope you have a safe and uneventful recovery.
Unread 11-29-2005, 08:26 PM

Not exactly the next day, but pretty much 48 hours later. Doctor came around for her morning rounds, and out I go. I think I could have gone home the next day, but doc said surgery on friday, home on sunday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2005, 12:26 AM

If I had felt a little stronger, and had help at home, I would have gone home the next day. It's not unusual for vaginal hyst women that have had no complications to be discharged the next day. Believe me, you'll rest much better at home!

Good luck to you!

Carol
Unread 11-30-2005, 07:22 AM

lynnieloutoo,

I understand your being so scared. Surgery is a scary thing. I have read lots of ladies reporting that they went home the next day, and did fine. If you end up needing more time, then your Dr can keep you in longer, if it is a matter of insurance approval. I agree though, that as long as you are not having any complications, you will likely sleep better at home in your own bed.

s,
Kay
Unread 11-30-2005, 07:43 AM

Hi Lynnieloutoo

I go in for my surgery tomorrow and I am scared!! I think it's really normal to worry and reading this site makes me realise everyone feels the same and the waiting and worrying before is the hardest part. (will let you all know afterwards how true this is!),

If all is well I will go home the next day tho' might stay 2 nights depending on how I am doing. I am having lap hyst and ant repair.

Good luck
Unread 11-30-2005, 09:06 AM

lynnieloutoo, Hi I'm from georgia also! I had my hyst Nov. 17 and I only was allowed to stay 1 night because of my insurance co. My Dr. was not happy at all he insisted I stay. Ihad a up and down night the following night but I would have had at the hospital also. Truthfully, I wanted to be home but mind you my children are 15 and 18. If they were young it would have been crazy! I would not let this worry you, just concentrate on one step at a time. Do you have help at home when you get there? I really think you will rest better at home, seems like they wake you ever 30-45 minutes for bp check or bloodwork or check IV. I wish you all the best and I'll be praying for you ! bikini
Unread 11-30-2005, 11:33 AM

I was, but it depends on what kind of hyst you are having as to when you'll be released. I had an LAVH and was released about 22 hours after surgery.

You'll be okay, everyone gets really scared right before!! Try to take your mind off of it with a movie or something!!

I love to read and watch movies-reading was no good to take my mind off of surgery, but movies helped-and lots of prayer!!

Unread 11-30-2005, 01:18 PM

I was 2 days, beacuse I wanted to be. Try to stay positive and relax, you will be just fine !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register