Sex last night. - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex last night. Sex last night.

Unread 05-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Re: Sex last night.

You ladies almost make me blush!!! My 6 week post op is tomorrow - I will no doubt get the green light as I am feeling ok - still have a bit of discomfort around the incision but I guess it is only the internal that we need to worry about!!! My surgeon is always funny when he asks me about sex - he tries to make it so matter of fact that I sometimes miss the point!!! First time he asked me how my sex life was I proceeded to tell him & then I realised he meant the actual act and if I got pain etc. We have had a couple of conversations like that - so I am prepared for more of the same tomorrow when he discusses the sex side of things - maybe I should ask him some tricky questions like how having my cervix removed will affect my sex life (which I am only learning more about after the fact) and whether he would remove a healthy part of a mans antomy that could affect his sex life!!!
Anyway will see what happens...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2011, 09:48 PM

OMG forgot to ask about sex at my check-out and surgeon didn't say anthing either!!! My husband will certainly be asking... I am sure it will be ok??? He did say that I still had stitches in the cuff and some discharge to come away - do you think that means no???
Unread 05-19-2011, 10:38 PM

I would call and ask to be safe.
Unread 05-20-2011, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicMor60 View Post
You ladies almost make me blush!!! My 6 week post op is tomorrow - I will no doubt get the green light as I am feeling ok - still have a bit of discomfort around the incision but I guess it is only the internal that we need to worry about!!! My surgeon is always funny when he asks me about sex - he tries to make it so matter of fact that I sometimes miss the point!!! First time he asked me how my sex life was I proceeded to tell him & then I realised he meant the actual act and if I got pain etc. We have had a couple of conversations like that - so I am prepared for more of the same tomorrow when he discusses the sex side of things - maybe I should ask him some tricky questions like how having my cervix removed will affect my sex life (which I am only learning more about after the fact) and whether he would remove a healthy part of a mans antomy that could affect his sex life!!!
Anyway will see what happens...
I am assuming that since it is now 5/20 that you have had your checkup and all is well. I had my checkup Monday and was cleared to have sex. I have to admit that I was pretty nervous, but everything went VERY well I was relieved to find out that everything works as well as before. I was really concerned because I had everything removed and had read quite a bit about ladies who said that their sex life was ruined by the surgery because of the lack of their uterus and cervix. I can personally vouch that such is not the case. Also, I was concerned that things would feel different to my husband and he said that he didn't feel any difference at all. I also had no issues with dryness, which also surprised me. I am 61 years old and have been post menopausal for quite a while, so my ovaries were basically dried up. I didn't have any pain or bleeding, but I did experience some light cramping a little later, but nothing serious. I am very thankful that it was a positive experience because I was pretty nervous about it. The only thing the doctor said was to take it easy at first, but no restrictions as to position. He said whatever is comfortable. Well, that's my TMI report for now!!
Unread 05-20-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onob View Post
I am assuming that since it is now 5/20 that you have had your checkup and all is well. I had my checkup Monday and was cleared to have sex. I have to admit that I was pretty nervous, but everything went VERY well I was relieved to find out that everything works as well as before. I was really concerned because I had everything removed and had read quite a bit about ladies who said that their sex life was ruined by the surgery because of the lack of their uterus and cervix. I can personally vouch that such is not the case. Also, I was concerned that things would feel different to my husband and he said that he didn't feel any difference at all. I also had no issues with dryness, which also surprised me. I am 61 years old and have been post menopausal for quite a while, so my ovaries were basically dried up. I didn't have any pain or bleeding, but I did experience some light cramping a little later, but nothing serious. I am very thankful that it was a positive experience because I was pretty nervous about it. The only thing the doctor said was to take it easy at first, but no restrictions as to position. He said whatever is comfortable. Well, that's my TMI report for now!!
Hello - check up went fine but I forgot to ask about the sex (you can tell that is top of mind!!) and he didn't bring it up either - got caught up talking about other stuff. I would assume that it would be ok although he did say I still had stitches to come away from the vaginal cuff so a bit confused whether I should worry about that!!! Yes, I am a bit concerned about how it will all feel without the uterus and cervix - from what I can gather it won't be less enjoyable just different!! God never thought I would be so preoccupied with that!!! Guess I am just coming to terms with it all and thinking alot about what my uterus and cervix were for especially now I don't have them!!!
Unread 05-21-2011, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicMor60 View Post
I would assume that it would be ok although he did say I still had stitches to come away from the vaginal cuff so a bit confused whether I should worry about that!!!
It's probably a good idea to call the office and make sure. You need to be sure you're healed enough and you don't want to pop one of those stitches.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register