TVH Sore Down Below & Vaginal Odor 3 weeks post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sore Down Below & Vaginal Odor 3 weeks post hysterectomy Sore Down Below & Vaginal Odor 3 weeks post hysterectomy

Unread 02-01-2016, 08:38 AM
Sore Down Below & Vaginal Odor 3 weeks post hysterectomy

Hi Hyster Sisters

I am typing via smartphone so please overlook Auto correct.

I am 3 weeks in recovery. Had TVH kept ovaries. Surgery went great. I had no trouble and my brain wondered if anything was really down down there.

Today is reality now. The aches proves it. It's baffling to me how you're having a great day do far then all of a sudden you get a dose of pain in your butt like you're trying to push out a baby! It happened to me on yesterday. It took my breath away!! I was shaking. It lasts about 10 mind and subsides. Then it comes again 15 mind later. It put me back down for the rest of the day. I only washed my hair. No exertion.

Then the smell of me down there is alarming. Can't believe it's me. If I could run away from myself I would. I know it's healing but I just wonder how long does it take for stitches to dissolve?

Last I read all here on patience and this site is a true Sister to me since pre-op. I'm so very thankful. I am dealing with myself and being patient daily. Can someone please tell this to my job?? It's almost as if they don't care if you die. When when.when are you coming back? Would you believe they asked me after two weeks after I already informed them I was having major surgery???? Whew It really disappoints me.

Sorry for the long first post. I just learned how to do this.

Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2016, 10:51 AM
Re: Butt Aches and Smelly Jelly

You might want to call your doctor if your having a bad smell down there that could mean a an infection good luck
Unread 02-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Re: Butt Aches and Smelly Jelly

Yikes! A pain so sharp it takes your breath away and leaves you shaking for 10 minutes 3 weeks post-op coupled with a strong vaginal odor would have me on the phone with my doctor's office in a heart beat! I experienced neither of those things, at all!

Please listen to your body and reach out for help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Re: Sore Down Below & Vaginal Odor 3 weeks post hysterectomy

I've had a strong vaginal odor for two weeks and it was checked out... No infection. I still have the stink... Mine is from inflammation and old blood by my cuff.

I'd just suggest calling your nurse to rule infection out . I'm still sore down there but it's from all the stitches in my cuff. I did have some butt pain a week ago and it was due to being very constipated. I'm still taking stool softeners every day. It really helps.
Unread 02-01-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy Lee View Post
Yikes! A pain so sharp it takes your breath away and leaves you shaking for 10 minutes 3 weeks post-op coupled with a strong vaginal odor would have me on the phone with my doctor's office in a heart beat! I experienced neither of those things, at all!

Please listen to your body and reach out for help!
I would but already read enough from here and since having stitches in my vagina post delivery I know this all too familiar accumulation of white cells at work as I am healing and old dry blood. There is no fever and I'm so sensitive to feel the onset of I infection in body. I know it's normal. Just wonder how long before these stitches dissolve.

But my butt spasm oh! Such pain but no sign of it today thank God. I walked arounf alot. Probably too much.

After all who else do we have to talk about this?

Thanks Ladies for your post. I'm doing fIne. better than most :-)
Unread 02-01-2016, 05:38 PM
Re: Sore Down Below & Vaginal Odor 3 weeks post hysterectomy

I think you need to call your doctor. When I had an odor after my hysterectomy, I assumed it was part of healing based on how things had gone years prior with an episiotomy. When I saw my surgeon, he was NOT happy I had made that assumption. Ended up, I had some blood collecting where he shouldn't have and he had to scrape it out--after I had already passed a blood clot the width of a softball!

So please, call your doctor because the odor and pain could be signs of a problem. It's better to be safe, than sorry.

Unread 02-01-2016, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2LivingAgain View Post
I would but already read enough from here and since having stitches in my vagina post delivery I know this all too familiar accumulation of white cells at work as I am healing and old dry blood. There is no fever and I'm so sensitive to feel the onset of I infection in body. I know it's normal. Just wonder how long before these stitches dissolve.

But my butt spasm oh! Such pain but no sign of it today thank God. I walked arounf alot. Probably too much.

After all who else do we have to talk about this?

Thanks Ladies for your post. I'm doing fIne. better than most :-)
Mm. No. Please call your doc. Better safe than sorry.
Unread 02-06-2016, 06:39 AM

Hi Ladies,

I wanted to follow up about this. Im4 happy to report that my Dr. said no infection and my odor is now gone! It lasted about a week. I am much relieved now. And 3 days ago I wiped after using the bathroom and saw my first stitches dissolved!! Yay! I knew that was probably the issue - healing. But dont any chances. Everyone is different.

These latest changes have really given me a boost of encouragement that I'm well on my way to a new life.

I did something different yesterday. I got dressed and put on makeup to go the grocery and flower shopping. I had the girls to drive me. I used the driving cart in the stores to get around. This really cheered me up and it was good to get out for a little while.

Well today is the day my period should have started. I am so thrilled not see it ever again. I had been bleeding since 9 years old. As I aged each year the bleeding became worse. Then the golf ball sized fibroid made matters worse. I keep touching my stomach because it's so soothing and makes me realize how much pain I lived with for years.

Happy for my new life!

Sorry for the long post. It will get better as I get used to this site.

Well wishes to all HYSTERSISTERS for a smooth recovery. Take time to heal. Be easy on yourself. Think about going through all this 1 time only!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register