here we go again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

here we go again here we go again

Unread 03-01-2004, 07:34 AM
here we go again

Hi ladies,
I don't know if anyone remembers me, but it's been a long time since I've been on here.
I had my partial hyst. 1 1/2 years ago. Now I'm going in to have my ovaries taken out on March 16th.
If you do remember me, then you'd rember that I almost died and had lots of complications after the first time around. So, I'm not looking forward to this at all. But who is?
A few months after the hyst. I started having pain. The ultrasound showed a large cyst on one of my ovaries. I continued to have pain so the Dr. wanted to do a diagnostic lap. and remove my ovaires that way, but then discovered that I had Endo. and the scar tissue is covering my ovaries so much that he couldn't get to them. So now they are going to cut me open and remove them. Yeah!
Two weeks to go and scared,
Angelina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2004, 08:46 AM
here we go again

Angelina,

I just joined H.S., so I don't know you, but I'm so sorry for your horrible experience. Of course, you're scared now. But it sounds like your Doc is doing what's best for you, personally.

I'm having a TAH-BSO w/repairs on March 23 and am also scared. I have a cyst on my right ovary, a thickened endometrium and fibroids. (I think they've shrunk b/c I'm post-menopausal). My general gyn said he could do everything vaginally and I thought that was great. But I was extremely uneasy for some reason.
I got 2 more opionions.

My 3rd was from a Urogyn. She said b/c I'm post menopausal, I needed to not take chances (slight cancer risk, most likely not) and get the whole kit and kaboodle out ABDOMINALLY. The reason for the abdominal incision? - probable endo. With an abdominal incision your Doc can see much better and be very careful in doing this surgery.

While some think of the abdominal surgery as worse than vaginal, I
would much rather have the abd. incision and know my Doc is being as careful as possible and is doing what she thinks is the best thing for me, personally. She also had other reasons - lymph node biopsy - which she said she couldn't do vaginally, and better long-term results w/repairs. But the endo alone is the best reason for abdominal, I think. Of course, I'm scared silly, but I really feel this is the best way to go for this situation.

I'll pray your surgery goes smoothly this time. Have faith that it will. Try some relaxation, listening to beautiful music and have a massage - tips I got from H.S. I love H.S. They're the best.

Keeping you in my prayers.
Unread 03-01-2004, 08:58 AM
here we go again

Dear ((((Angelina)))), A warm welcome back to Hystersisters. I am so sorry to hear you have to undergo an operation again. As you may expect many women may stop coming here as they complete their recovery but I am sure that anyone who was on it earlier with you, will reply when they see your post. Also, the many caring, sympathetic and kind ladies who currently are here will try to comfort you re your current scared feeling, to share their story, and to answer any other issues that may come up -just saw that one already has dropped by.
I know that your past experience may play strongly on your mind. but hopefully this time round your operation will be complications free. Also, please remember that you must have great inner strength as you had to posses such courage and fortitude to get through your earlier difficultes. I will pray that your upcoming surgery will be an easy one and that your recovery will be quick and uncomplicated too. Please come back here often. Many s and blessings, peggiesue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2004, 09:15 PM
here we go again

I am sorry about what you are going through right now. I haven't been there yet, but as I am going in for TAH on 3-4, I am scared, too. I can only imagine how frusterating it would be to have to go back again for any reason. But adding complications the first ime around...well, I am just sorry you're having to do it again. Best of luck to you, and many prayers, also.

Dani

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register